GRADE 10 (£37,261 - £40,478)
Would you like to be part of a small busy legal team that provide an incredible breadth of legal work, providing high quality comprehensive legal service to all officers of the Council and Elected Members?
The successful candidate will have proven experience of providing comprehensive legal advice, preferably in the planning field and whilst knowledge and experience of working in a Local Authority would be beneficial, it is not essential, as the successful candidate will be provided with training and support as part of their continuous professional development.
In addition, experience in working in one or more of the following areas is desirable: commercial property; contracts/procurement, litigation, including planning prosecutions.
You will be expected to undertake all aspects of legal work including drafting and negotiating documents and agreements, researching and problem solving, and providing high quality accurate legal advice on a range of legal issues. You will also have the opportunity to represent the council as legal advisor at business meetings and at council meetings such as the Planning Committee and at court and inquiries.
You will have a ‘can do’ attitude and will need excellent communication and IT skills. You are expected to have the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels and be able to work under pressure, with minimal supervision, with accuracy, to meet competing priorities and deadlines, and have a pragmatic approach.
Benefits that we offer:
- Salary of up to £40,478 (pay award pending)
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 24 days annual leave rising to 29 days subject to length of service (pro-rata), plus bank holidays
- Great work life balance with flexible working arrangements (including hybrid working)
- Free on-site parking
- Discounted gym membership
- Access to occupational health and wellbeing services
- Training and development opportunities
- A supportive workplace culture that allows you to develop and grow
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact Mary Grimshaw on 01253 887214.