Senior Case Officer (Continuing Healthcare and Section 117 Adults/Children) - 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Case Worker to join our friendly and supportive Adult Social Care Team.
As Senior Case Worker, you will work strategically with other organisations and stakeholders to ensure that correct funding streams are accessed. This opportunity will support the team manager in the development and growth of the team in line with service demands and will deputise in their absence.
You will play a key role in identifying, investigating, and pursuing complex cases that require significant expertise and progress to conclusion for Continuing Health Care (CHC) s117 and Children’s health applications.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Provide support to the Team manager by deputising in their absence and lead on specific projects within the service, for example Children’s / Duty Referral management and workflow allocation
- Support the teams continued development, working flexibly and embracing change in the service offer and help to embed these into the service
- Provide regular supervision to the CHC/s117 Case Officers in the team and provide support with recruitment and onboarding new team members
- Identify, investigate and pursue complex cases that require significant expertise and progress to conclusion for Continuing Health Care (CHC) s117 and Children’s health applications
- Manage the service savings spreadsheet and liaise with our finance specialist who report outcomes and savings to SLT in line with target savings
- Appropriate Social Care or other relevant professional qualification – for example Social Worker, RGN, Occupational Therapist or Significant subject matter experience
- Knowledge of the National Framework for Continuing Healthcare and associated Directions and provisions
- Knowledge of the legislation and local policy and process for Section 117 (Adults) under the Mental Health Act
- Experience, or good working knowledge, of social care services to include assessments
- Experience, or good working knowledge, of working within the NHS/health care sector.
You will enjoy a supportive culture, as well as a range of incredible benefits including flexible hours, a generous annual leave entitlement, an enhanced local government pension scheme, flexible working options and much more!
For an informal discussion, please contact Sarah Hussain on email@example.com
Closing Date: Sunday 1st October 2023, 11pm
Interview Date: W/C 9th October 2023
Whilst this is a fixed term contract appointment, for anyone already employed by Wokingham Borough Council this would be classed as a secondment if successful. Therefore, the usual permission requests for secondments apply and you must speak to your line manager in the first instance before applying.
Please be aware that we will be reviewing the applications we receive on a daily basis, and we reserve the right to close the advert early if suitable candidates are identified.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.