Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity in Children’s Social Work? Are you ready for your next challenge?
We are looking for Social Workers for the following areas:
(Please indicate which area you're applying for within your application)
We offer an excellent recruitment package, manageable workloads, and opportunities to access a range of professional development and support.
We are proud to offer an excellent benefits package including –
- A basic salary of £34,898 - £38,055
- An annual market allowance of £5,000 (payable in monthly payments).
- A retention payment of £2,000.This is a fixed sum payable in April each year, following one years’ service in Medway.
- Generous annual leave entitlement of between 27 - 30 days plus bank holidays
- Excellent local government pension scheme
- Essential Car user allowance with option to apply for a lease car after six months.
- Free car parking
- Hybrid working - enabling you to work from home/office (minimum of 2 days per week will be required in the office). Assessment Teams are office based for duty weeks.
- Relocation package of up to £8,000
- You will hold a degree in Social Work – CQSW, DipSW or equivalent and be registered with Social Work England.
- You will have successfully completed your ASYE and have a minimum of 1 years’ practice as a social worker, working with children and families.
- You will have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes.
For an informal discussion about the role, please don't hesitate to contact one of the Recruiting Managers below. Alternatively, please email the Recruitment Team on email@example.com.
Suzanne Mehmet, Service Manager (Assessment) - 01634 334470
Laura Saunders, Service Manager (Children in Care) - 01634 337328
Michael Perrineau-Daley, Service Manager (Children's Social Work Teams) - 01634 337305
Andrada Pepenel, Service Manager (Children's Social Work Teams) - 01634 7327
To apply please click on the ‘Apply Online’ button at the bottom of this advert.
Applications will be reviewed weekly and shortlisted candidates invited to interview via Microsoft Teams.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.
This position is subject to an Enhanced Children’s DBS Check.
For more information on our roles within Children’s Services please visit https://www.medway.gov.uk/childrenservicesjobs
To find out more about Medway the place please click here.
Please consider the application guidance when submitting your application.
Please note that all recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in hard copy format, please contact the Children's Services Recruitment Team on 01634 332211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Medway Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
For further information please refer to the Medway information pack available as a download or to view online.