We have opportunities for Social Workers to join our Family Safeguarding Teams based across Surrey in Woking, Guildford, Walton on Thames and Reigate.
When not working with our residents in the community, we are keen to support agile working with a combination of home and office working. We are keen to get the balance right of providing flexibility but ensuring you feel connected to your team and the service.
The salary range for Social Workers is £39,355- £42,053 per annum. We also offer an additional payment of up to £6,000.
We recognise that looking for your next Social Work position is a really important step in your career and we're here to make that transition a positive one. Our commitment to applicants is to remove barriers and to understand more about you, your motivation for working in children's social care and why you're proud to work for such a valuable profession.
Our Family Safeguarding model:
We take a motivational approach to supporting families under the Family Safeguarding model. This is a strength based model and includes a multi-agency approach to working with children and families. We have brought together Social Workers, Family Support Workers and a range of adult practitioners; Domestic Abuse Practitioners, Recovery Workers, Mental Health Practitioners and Psychologists so that the whole team can work together to address all the issues facing a family. Having professionals from different disciplines working under one roof, our teams are able to work closely together, minimising the time spent on making referrals to other agencies for support.
In Surrey, you will have a sense of belonging within your individual team but also the wider service areas and directorate. You will receive high quality supervision, as there is a firm commitment towards dedicating time that focusses on the work you do with children and families, to enable you to work creatively and holistically in providing support and protection to children whilst also paying attention to your wellbeing and career development. This creates a sense of purpose and fulfillment with a clear pathway to achieve your future aspirations.
Wherever you are in your career journey, Surrey is committed to supporting and nurturing you so that you can be the best version of yourself.
Our Surrey Children's Service Academy currently has over 60 courses available and offers a bespoke learning programme so you can be at the forefront of best practice. Modules such as motivational interviewing and our total respect course allow you to feel empowered in having essential conversations whilst still ensuring a child centred approach to your practice.
How we will support you:
Surrey is committed to supporting you both professionally and personally and we offer a number of benefits including: include:
- A competitive relocation package
- We pay your Social Worker England Registration fee
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years' service (plus bank holidays)
- Access to our car lease scheme
- Opportunity to join our competitive local government pension scheme
- Family and lifestyle discounts via Surrey Extra (discounts on everyday shopping with shopping cards and vouchers for Asda, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, Marks and Spencer, Primark and many more high street retailers. Plus voucher codes, cinema tickets and reward points, holiday offers and weekend breakaways, and lots more!
- Smart Employee Eyecare - free eye test and if required a free pair of discounted glasses, with no up-front costs to you!
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme - which offers advice, support and helpful information on personal, family, work, financial, legal and health issues, plus one to one counselling with 6 free counselling sessions.
- Fostering and adoption support
Fancy a chat?
We'd love to hear from you and find out more about what you're looking for so if you'd like to talk to us please just drop a quick message
The job advert closes at 23:59 on the 18th September 2023.
Following the closing date, if your application is shortlisted you will be contacted by our CFL Workforce Team within 5 working days. They will be able to advise on interview arrangements and can support in answering any questions you may have.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
You will need to be registered with Social Work England and have the willingness and ability to travel around the county to meet the demands of the role.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups. We look forward to receiving your application.