Water Sports Development Officer (2 year fixed term)
Salary: £23,866 - £28, 221 per annum (Subject to Job Evaluation)
Grade: Grade 5
Employment: 2 year fixed term. Opportunities for full time or flexible working would be considered and also secondments
Location: Based in Worthing but operating across the coastal West Sussex area.
Closing Date: 2nd November 2018
Interviews : W/C 19th November 2018
This is a really exciting opportunity to help deliver a new project, All on Board, across the coastal West Sussex area and help position West Sussex as a truly active water sports hub and a ‘go to’ place for visitors.
The area is a hidden gem for water sports lovers and this is a great opportunity for the right person to work with the current operators and other tourism providers to grow the offer, extend the season and help coastal West Sussex become the destination of choice for both new and experienced water sports lovers.
Overview of the role
Reporting to the Director of the Coastal West Sussex Partnership, this is a key role in delivering a project that has just secured funding through the Coastal Communities Fund.
The successful person will work with the current water sports operators to help them grow, flourish and create jobs through a collaborative approach which will create a much stronger and more clearly defined marketing campaign. Linking with other tourism establishments in the area, experiential marketing campaigns will be created to help grow the market and extend the season.
Leading the project, you will be responsible for the projects overall delivery as well as the engagement of supporting Local Authorities and other partners and stakeholders who will have an active role to play in this exciting project.
- Previous sports development experience and a passion for waters sports
- Excellent communication skills, able to build rapport and trust easily
- Able to self-lead and take responsibility as well as being a team player
- Good budgetary and project management skills
- Able to spot new development opportunities that fit with the ambition of the project.
- Experience of delivering and managing sports based events
- Maths and English GCSE or equivalent
- GCSE or Level 2 Qualification in a related subject
- Must hold a full driving licence
Staff are our most important asset and we therefore have a benefit package which reflects our continuing commitment to our employees, including:
Flexible working options
For more information or for an informal chat please call Caroline Wood on 07713 092103