Senior Social Worker - Ongoing Care and Support Team
We have a fantastic opportunity available for a Senior Social Worker to join our friendly Ongoing Care and Support Team in Adult Social Care, on a full time permanent basis.
This exciting opportunity can offer you an excellent range of benefits including flexible working options, a generous leave entitlement, a fantastic local government pension scheme, as well as the ability to work from home on a regular basis and much more!
As the Senior Social Worker, you will undertake supervision for team members and support the Team Manger in the day to day running of the team. You will be required to reassess needs, provide advice and support with signposting and maximising social capital. You will play a key role in collaborating with key teams to provide a seamless service for individuals; and identify themes and solutions for savings.
- To work in accordance with the Care Act 2014 to assess or reassess the needs of customers and their carers, offering access to support services in line with their eligible needs.
- To manage a small complex caseload, with a strong approach to building professional relationships with local providers, to investigate new innovative ways of working, and encourage an open and transparent way of working.
- To undertake risk assessments for individual customer situations and formulate risk management plans.
- To supervise, develop and support the continued development of a small number of staff, that promotes high performance levels and staff well-being.
- Support Team Managers / Service Manager on all operational issues to ensure both staff and customers receive appropriate advice and support, contributing to the running of a safe service.
- To ensure that you bring forward good ideas, offer creative solutions, challenge areas where the Council can improve, and to contribute to the Council’s ongoing success.
- Social Work degree/ registered with Social Work England
- Full EU driving licence (and access to the daily use of a car)
- Minimum of 2 years post qualifying experience
- Ability to use standard Microsoft programs and to learn specialist client record systems etc.
- Experience of supervising qualified social workers.
For an informal discussion, please contact Emma Hodge on firstname.lastname@example.org or Debbie Evans on email@example.com
Closing Date: 7th October 2023,11pm
Interview Date: Week Commencing 9th October 2023
Please be aware that we will be reviewing the applications we receive on a daily basis, and we reserve the right to close the advert early if suitable candidates are identified.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.