Our vision is to empower refugees and migrants who reside in the UK to lead self-sufficient and ambitious lives.
ACH is a social enterprise comprised of a diverse group of strategists and researchers led by lived experience. We provide tailored integration services that not only help individuals, but also disrupt the systems that have entrenched inequalities in our society.
We have a track record of delivering effective support services that give refugees and migrants the tools they need to succeed. In 2021 alone, we have helped 1000+ people to achieve their personal goals and lead fulfilling lives in their new country.
By working with us at ACH, you will be supporting refugees and migrants to build a better, brighter future.
Purpose of job
The role of the Health, Safety and Compliance Manager is to be responsible for all Health and Safety aspects including advising on Landlord Compliance, developing, maintaining, monitoring and coordinating Health, Safety & Compliance policies and procedures across all divisions. Ensuring all aspects of Health, Safety & Compliance are in accordance with current health and safety legislation. Supporting all areas of the business ensuring employee safety whilst enabling the organisation to deliver its services.
- Develop, maintain and co-ordinate health and safety policies and procedures across ACH sites
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations by all employees of the business; providing the necessary training and support to employees
- Ensure that the Society operates within all regulatory guidance, statutory and legislative requirements
- Responsible for the identification and management of risks across all areas of property compliance
- Develop, implement and manage a group-wide health and safety framework, ensuring it is in line with best practice, regulatory and legislative requirements
- Report on all health, safety and compliance performance on a regular basis, including reporting on any areas of non-compliance that may arise and any relevant remedial actions or works required
- Lead on agreed initiatives to deliver improvements to health, safety and compliance functions
- Help to promote a customer- and performance-focused culture
- Be the main point of contact with the HSE
- Develop and deliver an appropriate ACH health and safety training programme (i.e. manual handling, PPE, DSE assessments)
- Ensure all legal and statutory obligations in relation to property compliance and health & safety are achieved
- Lead the property compliance KPI reporting process for the organisation
- Ensure all legal and statutory obligations in relation to employees, activity and organisational health and safety are achieved in a culturally aligned way
- Deliver an effective, efficient and good quality health and safety service for all people, organisational matters and property compliance
- Manage relevant contracts and relationships across all property management functions
- Proactively manage all health, safety and property compliance budgets and ensure expenditure is kept within approved budgets, promptly highlighting any need for additional resources
- Ensure the focus of Health and Safety activities aligns with developing a positive and motivating employee culture within the organisation
- Managing the strategic health and safety risks within the risk register and report these to the Board
- Undertake risk assessments and site inspections. Identifying potential hazards and determining ways of reducing risks
- Ensure all First Aider and Fire Marshall responsibilities are carried out as per agreed policy and procedures.
- Recording and investigating incidents, accidents and complaints
This list is not exclusive or exhaustive. You may be asked to carry out other duties deemed necessary by your line manager.
For more information on the role and ACH please view the full job description and our recruitment pack on our website.
How to apply
To apply, please complete our application form by clicking the ‘Apply’ button shown.
For an informal conversation or to find out more about ACH or the role, please don’t hesitate to contact our People and Culture Manager, Werner Lourens by email.
Applicants need to have right to work in the UK to be considered for this role. We may close this role early, so please apply ASAP to avoid disappointment.