The starting salary for this role is £39,355 per annum for 36 hours per week.
"If you're thinking about applying for this team, you absolutely should. It will open your eyes to a whole new, rewarding part of Adult Social Care that you never knew existed." - Lizzie Knight, Assistant Team Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with people in a person-centred way, proactively seeking to empower them and maximising their potential for independence. If you want to make a difference to people's lives - enabling and supporting them to enhance their wellbeing and independence we want to hear from you!
What we can offer you:
- Annual leave - with the option to buy an additional 10 days
- Hybrid Working - your work/life balance is important to us
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- A generous relocation bonus
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff for more information
In your application, we would love to hear about your;
- Recognised Nursing or Allied Health Care qualification
- Experience of working within Adult Social Care (experience of working with various groups i.e older adults, physical disability, learning disability)
- Knowledge and experience of current legislation, including the Care Act and the Mental Capacity Act and its application to practice in a social care setting.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to communicate in a clear, fluent, concise and jargon-free way and in a courteous, calm and professional manner.
In this role, you will work in partnership with individuals, their carers, professional staff in other agencies, service providers and Support Brokers in order to support vulnerable adults and their families to identify and arrange services that meet their needs and promote independence, choice and control. You will routinely manage a caseload of people more challenging and complex needs.
You will need to be confident in undertaking safeguarding enquiries, carryout assessments within the community and working with a diverse group of individuals and partner agencies.
You will receive professional supervision and be working in a team of motivated, dedicated and friendly colleagues.
The closing date for this role is 01/10/2023, although applications will be reviewed, and appointments made, on an on-going basis.
Applicants must hold a valid driving licence to drive in the UK and access to a car.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
For an informal discussion please contact: Jessica Peskett on 07966283752 or by email at .
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups. We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.