The starting salary for this role is £44,614 - £47,681 per annum, based on a 36 hour working week.
At Surrey, we are proud to be leading the way in implementing new ways of working in personalisation and a recovery-focused strength-based approach.
Our goal is for our service-users to be able to be more in control of their care, making informed choices and being active citizens in their community.
Our teams across South West Surrey are looking for Senior Social Workers to be based in both hospital and community settings, giving you the opportunity to choose which setting is your preferred and most in line with your profile and experience. Our offer includes different contract types and working patterns/hours.
Our ASC workforce strategy supports our commitment to manage our talent and build succession plans for key areas, while investing in specialist training and development for our workforce. Key areas identified are:
- Investing in individual growth and career progression
- Growing workforce supply to meet demand
- Modernising the way we organise and deliver our services
- Ensuring our workplaces and practices are supportive and inclusive
- Continuing to work closely with our partners
With this in mind, we are looking for a range of enthusiastic and dynamic qualified and registered social work professionals with a variety of skills and experiences. Whether you enjoy duty, long term assessment, varied caseload, or D2A work, etc. - we want to hear from you.
We can offer you:
- Mentoring and support from experienced colleagues
- Work/life balance: flexible working is supported where possible, including working from home or hot desking at a number of County Council sites
- 26 days annual leave (28 after 2 years' service) plus 8 bank holidays
- Relocation assistance of up to £8,000, subject to meeting eligibility criteria
- A generous local government salary-related pension
- 24/7 employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Option to join our car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff for more information
The skills, knowledge and experience we are looking for in our Senior Social Workers are:
- You must hold a relevant degree and also be registered with Social Work England.
- Substantial post-qualification professional experience as a social worker is also required. Experience of providing professional supervision (can include unqualified and non-professional supervision) would be desirable but is not essential.
- You will need to be motivated and flexible with high professional standards and sound knowledge and experience of current legislation and its application to practice in a social care setting.
- An applied knowledge of The Care Act and The Mental Capacity Act and experience of undertaking safeguarding enquiries is essential alongside experience of working in complex situations using professional judgement and a range of interventions.
- You will have experience of, and be able to provide, professional, reflective supervision, guidance and advice to less experienced social workers, including those completing ASYE and social work students.
Here is some information about our teams based in South West Surrey:
Our Guildford Locality Team (based in Guildford): The Guildford Locality Team is a varied team, allowing those who wish to do so to specialise in their area of interest. Alternatively, move between the sub-teams and develop a whole range of specialist knowledge!
Our Royal Surrey County Hospital Team (based in Guildford): Our team, which covers the Royal Surrey County Hospital, Milford and Haslemere Hospitals, is a friendly team who has a strong emphasis on promoting personal and professional development and progression.
Our Waverley Locality Team (based in Godalming): Waverley is a supportive, wide ranging team. Offices based in central picturesque Godalming with parking and nearby direct main transport links. We are a forward-thinking team that promote ongoing learning, career progression.
Please note this advert covers the whole of the South West Surrey area so, at the time of advertising, we cannot guarantee a vacancy in all teams. However, we will work closely with you to ensure your application is considered for a team that suits you in line with our available posts.
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.
For more information please find the full job description below and refer to this before submitting your application. We also invite you to read our Life at Surrey handbook to see insights of the culture at Surrey and how as a valued employee, you can help shape our Council.
The closing date for this role is 01/10/2023, although applications will be reviewed, and appointments made, on an on-going basis.
You can submit your CV & Personal Statement by clicking the 'apply' button below.
Please review the documents attached below to understand the experience, knowledge and skills required for these roles.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for these roles.