We've recently been nationally recognised by the MJ for workforce transformation, but we want to do more! We are now looking to transform and improve across all areas of the organisation.
We are currently undertaking an ambitious Transformation programme across the whole organisation.
We have a great team delivering this exciting programme of change - we need a Transformation Lead Officer to cover a period of maternity leave.
Our key focus is to transform and improve all service delivery for our customers ensuring that we put them first and provide the best and most streamlined and responsive customer experience.
We are looking for people with drive, focus and curiosity, and a passion for improvement and delivering better services and outcomes.
Key objectives of the role include:
Leading and managing the team of officers dedicated to this priority area.
Reviewing and transforming all our service areas to make them more streamlined, efficient, and accessible.
Influencing, challenging and collaborating with all service leads to identify better ways of working.
Streamlining processes to improve consistency and efficiency across the organisation by simplifying, standardising and automating tasks.
Improving the customer experience and make it easy for people to interact with the council.
Developing our technology to enable our customers to self-serve where they can, and support customers who are unable to do this.
Developing back office integrated technology to assist with efficient ways of working.
Identifying key performance measures to effectively monitor the progress and realisation of benefits identified as part of service reviews.
Reporting directly to our Assistant Director lead for Transformation, this role will champion and drive the transformation programme by leading and project managing services reviews through the four key stages:
- Discovery - understanding what the service does, mapping processes, benchmarking, collecting and analysing data, researching best practice, exploring how we use technology.
- Recommendations - how can we work differently to improve the customer experience, release capacity to focus on value-added tasks, use of technology to work smarter and improve our online services, ensure we have the right roles completing the right tasks and importantly developing performance metrics and benefits realisation plans to measure these things.
- Implementation - working with services to implement approved recommendations, delivering to agreed timescales and meeting key milestones/
- Evaluation - measuring success to ensure that new ways of working have been embedded within the service and that identified benefits continue to be realised.
- You will have an open and enquiring mind, have great communication skills, ideally with previous project management experience.
We offer a range of great benefits, from agile working to retail vouchers and an extensive employee support programme.
If you are interested, please contact us arrange an informal chat with Anna Goodall, Assistant Director; email@example.com
To apply, please complete an application form (please read the guidance notes) and send to the Human Resources team, preferably by email to Recruitment@fenland.gov.uk or post to the HR Team, at Fenland District Council, Room 48, Fenland Hall, County Road, March, PE15 8NQ.
Application forms are available to download from our website or alternatively please either phone our Customer Services team on 01354 654321 or email Recruitment@fenland.gov.uk
Recruitment process will take place week commencing 2 October 2023