An exciting opportunity has arisen for a permanent Social Worker to join a well-established and supportive Adult Social Care Team based at Town Hall, Weston- super- Mare with hybrid working. The team covers Weston, Worle areas and surrounding villages.
We welcome applicants who are Experienced Social Workers and those who are Newly Qualified. We have an excellent ASYE programme for those who are newly qualified or already undergoing their ASYE. Our mentoring programme will enable professional growth and stimulate your professional curiosity assuring outstanding practice.
About the role
Working within key legislative frameworks including the Care Act 2014, the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the Mental Health Act 1983, you will make defensible decisions in partnership with people with care and support needs, supporting them to take positive risks in order to promote and balance their independence, safety and wellbeing.
As a Social worker you will be undertaking Care Act Assessments, and co-producing care and support plans with individuals, identifying their strengths and assets to determine person-centred outcomes. You will undertake Mental Capacity Assessments and be involved in Best Interest Decision making. You will hold a manageable caseload and will have shared responsibility for coordinating safeguarding enquiries in a person-centred way.
You will use your social work knowledge, skills and values to promote the rights and choices of people with care and support needs.
You will work in close partnership with people with care and support needs, their families, carers and a range of multi-agency partners to achieve desired and eligible outcomes.
- Access to regular reflective supervision which empowers you to make evidence informed professional judgements drawing on the latest research, theories, legislation, and policy frameworks.
- The freedom to practice in a truly strength-based way which recognises the importance of prevention and goes beyond traditional case management.
- Full Learning and Development programme, Quality Assurance Framework and membership to Research in Practice (RIP): providing every member of staff access to their resources.
- Opportunities to access various training to enhance your skills, knowledge and performance as well as providing the opportunity to train in specific areas and access to regular legal and practice updates.
- Annual conference for our Social Care staff inviting a range of high-profile speakers to the event to demonstrate our investment in our staff as well as provide time to reflect on and challenge our practice.
We are passionate about peer learning and offer group supervision and peer support groups where you can share your experience and learn from others.
We hold an annual conference for our Social Care staff inviting a range of high-profile speakers to the event to demonstrate our investment in our staff as well as provide time to reflect on and challenge our practice.
We invest in a team approach and recognise individuals for their commitments. We hold an Annual Staff Awards event where individuals as well as teams get recognised and congratulated on their achievements.
Our Social workers are valued for their skills, knowledge and experience they bring to the services. They are key to delivering an outstanding service for the most vulnerable residents in North Somerset.
This position is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
Our council vision is ‘an open, fairer, greener North Somerset’ and we have three key priorities:
- A thriving and sustainable place
- A council which empowers and cares about people
- An open and enabling organisation.
Our organisational values are important. They help guide us in how we work and provide services for our residents. Our people produced our values in collaboration with elected members. They provide a strong ethos and help us to deliver our ambitious agenda, working in partnership across the council and beyond:
- We act with integrity
- We respect each other
- We innovate
- We care
- We collaborate.
- A competitive salary,
- Family leave options,
- A pension scheme, where we pay a significant contribution on top of your contribution. It provides life cover and ill-health protection,
- Opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and potential,
- Generous leave entitlement (25/27/29 days, rising to 30/32/34 days) and bank holidays, plus the option to buy up to an extra 10 days,
- Discounts on shopping, days out, travel and gym memberships,
- Agile and flexible working arrangements to help you enjoy a healthy work-life balance,
- 24/7 access to our Employee Assistance Programme.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Martin Chacku, Team Manager on 01934 426570..
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/my-services/jobs-training/council-jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: To be confirmed
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
North Somerset Council – Open, Fairer, Greener.