We’re creating better communities. To help our residents live happier lives.
We want Bracknell Forest to be a clean and green place to live. Our team are responsible for keeping the Borough’s parks and open spaces as fantastic places for people and wildlife. You will support the Parks and Countryside team to do this, gain valuable experience and see results you can be proud of.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it’s like working in our team…
We are a highly driven and enthusiastic team that works together to achieve the best results. We are entrepreneurial and flexible with a great passion for making our award-winning green spaces in the best condition possible.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Undertake weekly inspections of our play areas using digital data collection.
- Undertake repairs to play equipment in a timely manner.
- Undertake minor maintence tasks such as strimming, cleaning, vegetation management.
- Prepare work specifications and oversee the works of contractors.
- Receive and process customer enquiries realating to play areas and sites.
Training will be provided to fufil these tasks.
The benefits you will experience are…
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for someone with:
- The ability to carry out a variety of estate maintenance tasks e.g. erecting gates and stiles, fencing, strimming and mowing
- A desire to work as a member of a team
- A positive, enthusiastic approach to managing parks and open spaces
Interviews will be held on the 2nd October 2023.
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
We can only accept applications from candidates currently residing in the UK.
Any candidates that are currently residing in the UK and wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.