Type – FT, Flexible Hours: Monday to Friday, 07:00-19:00
Our vision is to create a fairer, stronger and cleaner city region. Somewhere we can all be proud of, where no one is left behind. To make our vision a reality we’re looking for people, from all walks of life, who reflect the diversity of our communities, feel connected to our vision, and who role model our three behaviours.
The Combined Authority is led by Metro Mayor Steve Rotheram and brings together Liverpool City Region's six local authorities – Halton, Knowsley, Liverpool, Sefton, St Helens and Wirral – to tackle the big issues that matter to us all, together.
We work together to make investments in areas that have a real impact on or communities, such as transport, employment, culture, digital and housing.
Our aim is to ensure that everyone benefits from the decisions we make. We want to create an environment which allows our economy to thrive for the good of everyone who lives and works in Liverpool City Region.
Do you want to work in a fast-paced environment?
Do you relish a challenge?
Do you want to make a real difference in the Liverpool City Region?
We in the Liverpool City Region have taken an historic step, securing a devolution agreement that gives us real, local policy making and investment powers. The Liverpool City Region Combined Authority’s vision is for an inclusive, globally competitive city region at the heart of the Northern Powerhouse. Committed to 'doing things differently' we have a once in a lifetime opportunity to transform and shape the future of the City Region.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and talented individual to join the Finance Team. Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the post of Assistant Accountant is responsible for supporting a comprehensive management accounting service for a range of specific service areas within the Combined Authority. We are looking for a highly committed, skilled, proactive and organised individual and the focus will be on delivering a high quality, timely service which enables and informs organisational decision making.
The successful candidate will be AAT qualified or equivalent and previous experience within a similar role would be an advantage. The post-holder must be flexible and able to balance competing priorities for their time and that of their department, whilst also being available to support colleagues across the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a busy Finance Team and to contribute to the development and opportunities that exist both now and in the future.
Required skills and knowledge:
- A commitment to the LCR and an understanding of its stakeholders
- An ability to demonstrate our core values, including a commitment to Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Experience of contributing to a high-performance culture
What we can offer you:
- Local Government Pension Scheme contributions between 5.5% and 12.5%
- Generous holiday entitlement of 29 days as well as bank holidays and the option to buy 5 additional days
- Free travel around Liverpool City Region with an All-Zone Metro card worth £1,450 per year plus All Zones Off Peak Trio ticket for your spouse or partner
- Flexible and hybrid working with role dependent overtime and enhanced pay
- 24/7 access to Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family and Free counselling services
- Corporate discounts at council-owned gyms
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Coaching, mentoring, apprenticeships, and professional qualifications including paid membership fees and even a £1k interest free learning loan for any non-job-related learning
If you think you match the job description and our values then click on the link to apply, indicating how you meet the person specification. Please see our website Careers | Liverpool City Region Combined Authority (liverpoolcityregion-ca.gov.uk) for help applying.
We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for all candidates who met the essential criteria in the job description and who have declared that they: have a disability, are from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background, are a member of a reservist or have close family links to a member of the Armed Forces as we are under-represented by people from these communities.
The Liverpool City Region Combined Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.