We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Property Services Inspector to join an existing team of inspectors responsible for the standard of communal areas and appearance of Hightown properties.
As a Property Services Inspector, you will have good technical knowledge within the housing construction field and will be expected to carry out regular inspections and following up actions needed to meet the high standards expected by residents.
This is a fixed term contract until 19/06/24 (with the possibility of the role becoming permanent).
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Carrying out a programme of stock condition surveys on a designated patch
- Ensuring up to date accuracy of the property database so that future works can be efficiently planned
- Carrying out property and health and safety inspections including pre and post inspections
- Frequently liaising with residents to ensure the expected property standards are maintained
- Complete Fire Risk Assessments of communal buildings and assets
We are therefore looking for an individual who demonstrates a compassionate, enthusiastic, respective and `can-do` approach.
You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting others.
To apply for the role of Property Services Inspector you will need to have the following:
- Knowledge or qualifications in a relevant sector, for example in building construction/surveying/building regulation
- Experience of working within public sector housing
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders on a regular basis
- A good general knowledge of IT, particularly Microsoft office packages
- Excellent communication and customer care skills
All applicants must hold a valid UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
We offer a range of benefits which include:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £37,164 pa for a 35 hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Well-equipped on-site gym
Hightown is a charitable housing association transforming thousands of lives every year. We do this by building hundreds of much needed new homes and providing care and supported housing services for a wide range of people. We have high ambitions, a principled approach and a dependable, flexible team that delivers.
We currently manage over 8,000 homes and employ over 1000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £120 million and a development programme that will deliver around 450 new affordable homes each year.
Closing date: Sunday 24th September 2023
Interviews: Monday 2nd October 2023
We are an Equal Opportunities & Disability Confident Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.