Temporary (Fixed Term Until 31 March 2025)
£29,135 - £30,016 (pro rata) Inclusive of 20% Shift Allowance, Conditions Allowance and Weekend Enhancements
Our vision is to create a fairer, stronger and cleaner city region. Somewhere we can all be proud of, where no one is left behind. To make our vision a reality we’re looking for people, from all walks of life, who reflect the diversity of our communities, feel connected to our vision, and who role model our three behaviours.
The Combined Authority is led by Metro Mayor Steve Rotheram and brings together Liverpool City Region's six local authorities – Halton, Knowsley, Liverpool, Sefton, St Helens and Wirral – to tackle the big issues that matter to us all, together.
We work together to make investments in areas that have a real impact on our communities, such as transport, employment, culture, digital and housing.
Our aim is to ensure that everyone benefits from the decisions we make. We want to create an environment which allows our economy to thrive for the good of everyone who lives and works in Liverpool City Region.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for Customer Service Officer (Tolls) positions.
- The Full-Time-time position works across a roster encompassing 24 hours per day 7 days per week. Generally, 8 hours 20 minutes per day in blocks of 5 days followed by 3 or 4 Rest Days
You will be required to work in the tollbooths and on the plaza at both the Queensway and Kingsway Tunnels, classifying vehicles, taking payment from customers, and offering them advice, information, and general assistance.
In accordance with the usual selection criteria for the post, the successful candidates will need to be self-motivated individuals with cash handling experience and a proven track record in first line contact with the general public in a customer driven service environment.
Good communication and numerical skills are also essential for delivering the quality customer service required by Customer Delivery.
What we can offer you:
- Local Government Pension Scheme contributions between 5.5% and 12.5%
- Generous holiday entitlement of 29 days as well as bank holidays and the option to buy 5 additional days
- Free travel around Liverpool City Region with an All-Zone Metro card worth £1,450 per year plus All Zones Off Peak Trio ticket for your spouse or partner
- Flexible and hybrid working with role dependent overtime and enhanced pay
- 24/7 access to Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family and Free counselling services
- Corporate discounts at council-owned gyms
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Coaching, mentoring, apprenticeships, and professional qualifications including paid membership fees and even a £1k interest free learning loan for any non-job-related learning
If you think you match the job description and our values then click on the link to apply, indicating how you meet the person specification. Please see how website Careers | Liverpool City Region Combined Authority (liverpoolcityregion-ca.gov.uk) for help applying.
We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for all candidates who met the essential criteria in the job description and who have declared that they: have a disability, are from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background, are a member of a reservist or have close family links to a member of the Armed Forces as we are under-represented by people from these communities.
The Liverpool City Region Combined Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.