Because we’re Bracknell Forest. We support our people to be at their best. We all contribute to creating a better sense of place.
We are always looking for better ways of doing this. How can we make the most of our resources. Making a difference is what we do and we strive to make a positive contribution to the lives of parents/carers, children and young people. You will be part of the Council’s Early Help Service and this role is instrumental in ensuring families have the opportunity to access parenting programs at the right time. Where, through positive engagement, differences can be made.
What it’s like working in our team…
You will be part of the Council’s Early Help Service with experience of working with families, young people and children with a range of needs. You will take ownership of the existing parenting offer and be instrumental in not only delivering this but ensuring parents are able to access the courses. You will need to combine the ability to work both independently and collaboratively and have strong organisational skills.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Work alongside CSC and other stakeholders both internal, external and voluntary to coordinate targeted and universal parenting courses, ensuring our parenting offer is reaching our most vulnerable families.
- Forecast and plan sessions within the family hubs for the academic year.
- Liaising with parents and professionals booking parents onto courses using the Eventbrite platform.
- Facilitate four groups per week across the Family hubs working alongside our parenting lead to motivate and support facilitators across Early Help.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Opportunities for workforce development.
- A great location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
What we’re looking for…
Enthusiastic and proactive, you will have an awareness of parenting programmes and experience of delivering these. A passion for improving outcomes and life chances for children, young people and their families. You need to be organised, self-motivated and have strong IT skills.
Interviews will be held on 11th and 12th October .
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name: Michaela Avery
Job Title: Supporting Families Lead
Phone Number: 01344 354253
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
We can only accept applications from candidates currently residing in the UK.
Any candidates that are currently residing in the UK and wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.