Senior Building Safety Surveyor
Origin – Great homes, positive people and strong communities
An inspiring past and a bright future
A home is the essential foundation for a good quality of life, so what we do every day really matters to the wellbeing of our communities. Here at Origin, we trace our roots back almost 100 years, building and managing high quality homes as well as providing support services and housing for those who are most vulnerable in London and Hertfordshire. We work to provide safe, decent affordable homes and support for individuals and communities.
Focused on our residents, our driving ambition is to provide services that make people’s lives easier, and homes and communities they can be proud to live in. We are ‘not for profit’ and reinvest all our surpluses back into our varied and vibrant neighbourhoods.
The role – Senior Building Safety Surveyor
As Senior Building Safety Surveyor you will lead, manage and develop surveyors within the Building Safety Team to deliver high quality specialist structural and building reports.
Support the Building Safety Manager in the development and production of building safety case reports and reviews for all in scope buildings.
Compile and review technical reports and ensure that contractors are being managed effectively to ensure the continued safety and integrity of our buildings and that our residents are not compromised.
What you’ll do
This is a pivotal role in ensuring that the team supports the Principal Accountable Person (Origin) in meeting its legal responsibilities.
You will be at the forefront in shaping the building safety culture within Origin and the delivery of delivering high quality reports to the key stakeholders.
You will also act as a champion for building safety and work with other teams providing guidance, advice and support on technical matters.
What you’ll need
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A Degree in surveying or equivalent and a member of a related professional institution
- A detailed understanding of Building Safety Act and requirements for the safety case.
- A high level of construction technology, building pathology, contract management and monitoring
- An ability to lead, manage, develop and motivate team members
- Experience preparing and delivering persuasive, high quality, written and verbal reports as well as ability to write, disseminate and assess detailed technical reports
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
Our core values are at the heart of how we work
- Take the lead
- Create energy
- Build trust
- Be generous
- Stay grounded
- Remember the little things
We're committed to the wellbeing of our people and in creating an environment that promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
Our benefits to you
- Origin’s ways of working make it easier for you to balance work and home life. You will benefit from flexible working which offers you the opportunity to work from where you are most effective, with the technology and equipment you need, as well as access to flexible space for collaborative working.
- A generous 25-day holiday allowance plus bank holidays, that increases with time, with the opportunity to buy and sell leave
- 2 additional ‘giving something back’ volunteer days
- A pension scheme with contributions from 4% of your salary
- Family leave, compassionate leave and enhanced maternity pay
- Simply Health cash plan providing money back when you spend on health appointments including physiotherapy, dental and opticians
- Interest free loans to help spread the cost of a season ticket or another big purchase
- Annual staff conference, team away days and annual team meal allowance
- Access to Perk Box for fantastic savings on everyday purchases and much more
- Free employee assistance programme
- Opportunities to join staff network groups
- Refer a friend bonus
We’re also committed to ensuring that our people have access to an excellent range of learning and development opportunities including our induction programme, course sponsorship, leadership development, mentoring and talent schemes along with professional membership if it’s a requirement to your role.
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience meet the outline of the advertised role.
Closing date for applications: 30th September 2023
Please note that suitable candidates will be invited to interview throughout the application window and therefore the vacancy may close at short notice. However, all candidates will be advised of the outcome of their application and therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.