9 month fixed term contract
A home is the essential foundation for a good quality of life, so what we do every day really matters to the wellbeing of our communities. Here at Origin, we trace our roots back almost 100 years, building and managing high quality homes as well as providing support services and housing for those who are most vulnerable in London and Hertfordshire. We work to provide safe, decent affordable homes and support for individuals and communities.
Focused on our residents, our driving ambition is to provide services that make people’s lives easier, and homes and communities they can be proud to live in. We are ‘not for profit’ and reinvest all our surpluses back into our varied and vibrant neighbourhoods.
The role – Rent and Service Charge Officer
As our Rent and Service Charge Officer you will be pivotal to the organisation, dealing with information relating to all rents and service charge income and expenditure. You will deal with customers and colleagues on complex queries, sometimes having to refer to rent and service charge legislation. You will be seen as an expert in your field.
What you’ll do
- Assist with the annual setting of rents and service charges for our customers.
- be responsible for setting the rents and service charges for our new developments
- Work as part of a small friendly team in providing an excellent service to customers and colleagues.
Skills and experience we'd like you to have
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience and knowledge of rent and service charge legislation
- Previous experience of working in a rent and/or service charge environment, preferably within a social housing provider
- An understanding of the key issues involved when working to a project plan
- Excellent IT skills particularly with Microsoft Excel, using formula, interrogation and analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills delivering complex information to a wide variety of audiences.
Our core values are at the heart of how we work
- Take the lead
- Create energy
- Build trust
- Be generous
- Stay grounded
- Remember the little things
We're committed to the wellbeing of our people and in creating an environment that promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
Our benefits to you
- Origin’s ways of working make it easier for you to balance work and home life. You will benefit from flexible working which offers you the opportunity to work from where you are most effective, with the technology and equipment you need, as well as access to flexible space for collaborative working.
- A generous 25-day holiday allowance plus bank holidays, that increases with time, with the opportunity to buy and sell leave
- 2 additional ‘giving something back’ volunteer days
- A pension scheme with contributions from 4% - 8% of your salary
- Family leave, compassionate leave and enhanced maternity pay
- Simply Health cash plan providing money back when you spend on health appointments including physiotherapy, dental and opticians
- Interest free loans to help spread the cost of a season ticket or another big purchase
- Annual staff conference, team away days and annual team meal allowance
- Access to Perk Box for fantastic savings on everyday purchases and much more
- Free employee assistance programme
- Opportunities to join staff network groups
- Refer a friend bonus
We’re also committed to ensuring that our people have access to an excellent range of learning and development opportunities including our induction programme, course sponsorship, leadership development, mentoring and talent schemes along with professional membership if it’s a requirement to your role.
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience meet the requirements for the role of Rent and Service Charge Officer.
Closing date for applications: Monday 25 September 2023
Please note that suitable candidates will be invited to interview throughout the application window and therefore the vacancy may close at short notice. However, all candidates will be advised of the outcome of their application and therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.