Due to internal promotion, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team. We are looking for someone to work alongside and offer support to our Housing Solutions team. Reporting to the Housing Solutions Manager, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent written, verbal communication and negotiation skills, with a clear focus on excellence in customer service, the ability to prioritise, work under pressure, and have a clear commitment to delivery.
The successful candidate will carry out a diverse range of duties, including:
- To work within the Housing Solutions Team to support the delivery of Personal Housing plans.
- To assess, support and advise vulnerable people.
- To work in partnership with external partners, to enable customers to maintain their homes or move to suitable accommodation.
- To maintain regular contract with vulnerable people, for an agreed period, to implement the Personal Housing plan
- To provide overall support to the team
You will be joining a fast paced, lively, and fun team. The role is based at the council offices in Fleet, but we have adopted a hybrid approach to working and you may be able to work from home for up to 80% of your time, subject to the needs of the organisation.
You will further benefit from free parking, free refreshments on site and a newly modernised office workspace, as well as a generous annual leave and pension package. An understanding of housing, and homelessness legislation whilst not essential would be beneficial. In addition, you must be able to write and present well, with excellent attention to detail and be resilient. The successful candidate will also need access to a vehicle for work purposes.
For further information regarding the post, please call Kelly Watts 01252 774232 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Read the Assistant Housing Solutions Officer Job Description
Please include a supporting statement (2 sides of A4 maximum) outlining why you are interested in the role and how your knowledge and experience makes you a great candidate.