Closing date: 24th September 2023
Likely interview date(s): Week commencing 2nd October
25 hours per week - 1 year fixed contract
Salary range: £22,777.00 - £24,948.00 FTE (£15,389.86 - £16,856.76 pro rata)
To apply please submit an application form by clicking 'apply' at the top of this advert or alternatively , please send your CV and a covering letter/personal statement to email@example.com
Customer Service we are proud of... That's our goal.
This is an exciting role for someone who is passionate about delivering excellent customer service. We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Customer Service Advisor to work in our reception. The ideal candidate will need to be self-motivated, enthusiastic, organised, customer focused and a team player. You will also have the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written at all levels, and to use your initiative to problem solve and find solutions.
Centrally based at our main Colebrook Street offices in Winchester you will be working in a busy fast moving reception on the front line, receiving switchboard telephone calls, face to face enquiries, email and web queries for all of the Councils main services, being the first point of contact for our customers.
Training will be provided but experience of working within a customer focused environment and a genuine desire to deliver an excellent service is required. Applicants will need to have excellent communication and IT literacy skills.
Working hours can be negotiated but cover for core opening hours is needed. For example, 9:30am to 2:30pm or 10am to 3pm. Happy to discuss with the successful candidate.
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity then this is the role for you. In return, we offer an excellent package of benefits including:
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Salary sacrifice scheme for cars and bikes
- 26 days annual leave per year rising to 33 days - dependent on length of service
- 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free parking (during work hours) at any Winchester Park and Ride
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounts at a range of major high street brands and the two leisure centres in the district
- Season Ticket loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development