Learning & Organisational Development Manager
London Borough of Havering
Pay - £60,402 up to £66,978 per annum subject to final confirmation.
The London Borough of Havering is looking to recruit a Learning & Organisational Development Manager to lead the development, implementation, and sustainability of all aspects of learning; management and leadership, and organisational development across the council, ensuring that all interventions linked to these areas are strategically aligned to the organisation’s short and long-term objectives.
If successful in your application for the role of Learning & Organisational Development Manager, London Borough of Havering, you will/will be:
- Create the L&OD strategy for the organisation, ensuring alignment with the corporate vision and objectives.
- Know the current and future capability needs of the organisation and grow the skills and capabilities through the design and delivery of a blend of learning approaches, including face to face, digital, social collaborative and coaching as well as the application of motivational and behavioural science.
- Provide strategic leadership in the creation, management and direction of the Learning and Organisational Development team.
- Take a strategic approach to learning and organisational development informed by data and evidence, engaging key stakeholders in the development of plans.
- Develop and implement a range of development programmes and initiatives that will grow the skills and capability of the workforce.
- Work closely with senior managers to identify development needs and create interventions that are aligned to the organisation’s vision and corporate plan.
- Responsible for the development and ongoing review and maintenance of the performance development scheme, ensuring the approach is integral to culture change.
- Responsible for the provision of coaching and mentoring solutions
As one of the greenest boroughs in London, resourcefulness is in our nature. We don’t wait to be told, we take the initiative. We face the future head-on, embracing new challenges with open minds and fresh ideas. There’s lots of opportunities to progress here, and if you seize them we’ll support you all the way. Choose Havering and see the difference you’ll make to the people that live, work and learn here.
From caring for those who need it most, to ensuring our highways and streets are safe, providing a roof over the heads of our residents, providing excellent customer service or, enhancing our digital services for staff and residents, there are so many ways you can make a positive influence here. And, whether you’re outdoorsy, people-focused or analytical, we have a role that’s right for you.
The London Borough of Havering is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Havering Redeployees.
The London Borough of Havering is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Pay scale: £60,402 up to £66,078 per annum subject to final confirmation.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Daniel.Debuc@onesource.co.uk
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 24th September 2023, however, interest in this job may be high and we therefore reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
You will be notified if your application has been successful.
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Helpdesk on 01708 432770
Please view Job Profile here: https://www.newham.gov.uk/downloads/file/6479/jp-learning-and-organisational-development-manager-jd
We want everyone to choose Havering. When you apply for a job with us, your application is considered on its merits regardless of your age, disability, ethnicity, faith, gender identity or sexual orientation. Our residents and service users come from all walks of life, and so do our employees. Find out what it means to Choose Havering.
The London Borough of Havering has important responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. If you are appointed to a job that involves working with these groups, you may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role.
We practice anonymised recruitment. Please ensure that you remove all personal information from any documents that you upload.