Job Title: Assistant Psychologist
Location: Church Lawton School
Salary: Education Autism Specialist Scale: 3 FTE £23,107 to £29,707, pro- rated Actual Salary £20,351 to £26,165
Contract: Permanent (37 hours per week, term time only)
Closing date: Monday, 9th October 2023
Interviews: Week commencing 30th October 2023
Start date pending vetting checks/refs: December 2023 / January 2024
School Visit: Visits to the school can be arranged please contact the school reception.
We adhere to all the necessary safeguarding checks as outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, including checking ID documents on all site visits (entry will not be allowed without this), all pre-employment vetting checks must include; references from previous employers and an enhanced DBS with barred list check. Dependent on role, a section 128 check and a check on the Teaching Regulation Agency will also be required. Social Media checks are also conducted for all shortlisted candidates.
Church Lawton is an Autism Specific Specialist Free School seeking an Assistant Psychologist. This is a great and exciting opportunity for you to join a dynamic team and be part of the school’s journey in establishing excellence in the education of autistic pupils.
Every child is entitled to an education and every child deserves the best possible developmental opportunities so that they learn more and do more, preparing themselves for life after school. Our autistic pupils learn in happy and safe environments that are able to support their individual needs as autistic learners.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the school’s continuing development where you will be working closely with our Transdisciplinary Team (TDT) and classroom based Staff. As a transdisciplinary team we strive to deliver best practice at all times to our students and are passionate about continued service and professional development
Working closely with our Transdisciplinary Team (TDT) and Classroom based staff, you will have the opportunity to increase your knowledge and skills through participation in team and wider Liberty Academy Trust (LAT) continuing professional development programmes and practice supervision with the LAT Therapy Team.
The Liberty Academy Trust currently includes two other free schools, Thames Valley School & Vanguard School. The school works to maximise the standards, curriculum offer, training and employment opportunities.
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking to appoint a confident and skilled professional who is committed to developing expertise and specialism within the field. Working largely on your own initiative, you will be confident in representing Educational Psychology within annual reviews and team meetings.
- hold a Degree in Psychology (2:1 or above) with graduate basis for registration with the British Psychological Society.
- have a minimum of 2 years relevant experience of working with children in educational or community settings including the application of psychology in work with children and young people.
- you will need to be able to demonstrate a passion and enthusiasm for supporting pupils with a diagnosis of Autism and have excellent verbal, and written communication skills, as collaborative working within the Transdisciplinary team is essential.
Hours of work:
Normal hours may be varied to meet the changing needs of the school. There may be occasions when additional hours are necessary to meet specific or special requirements.
What we can offer you
In addition to a competitive salary, the following benefits are offered:
- Cycle scheme.
- Employee assistance programme - a confidential support programme designed to help you deal with personal and professional problems.
- Headspace membership - Headspace is a global leader in mindfulness and meditation through its app and online content.
- Occupational sick pay.
- A range of discounts from hundreds of retailers, accessible from mobile phones or using reloadable discount cards – the average user saves £565 per year.
- Salary Finance - Our charity partner offers Salary Finance loans as a financial wellbeing benefit for our staff.
- Eyecare vouchers – employees who need glasses to use computer screens.
How to apply
- To apply for this role please click here and complete the online application form.
When completing the supporting statement, please refer to the job description and person specification and highlight any information that shows your suitability for the role
For more information about this job please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this job are sought from anyone who is suitably qualified and experienced for the role but particularly welcome from those with a diagnosis of autism or Asperger syndrome.
The Liberty Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and adults who use our services and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to complete the relevant safeguarding checks.
We are an equal opportunities employer.