Maternity cover 10 months - 36 hrs per week
Corporate Legal Services is comprised of four legal teams with administrative support:
- The Prosecutions and Regulatory Team provide legal services primarily in relation to regulatory matters including litigation, information compliance, prosecutions, environmental health, licensing, and debt recovery.
- The Children and Social Care Team provide legal services primarily in relation to child protection, adoption, education, adult social care, mental health and youth justice.
- The Property and Planning Team provide legal services primarily in relation to property and planning matters.
- The Contracts and Employment Team provide legal services on a range of contract, procurement and employment law matters.
You will be a qualified solicitor, barrister or FCILEX with knowledge of two of the following disciplines: prosecutions, information compliance, litigation and debt recovery law. You will assist the Senior Lawyer in all aspects of the work in the Prosecutions and Regulation Team, with responsibility for providing legal services in relation to all aspects of the work carried out by the team. A brief summary is below:
- advocacy in prosecutions and regulatory matters, attending internal licensing sub-committee hearings and assisting with other Council governance work
- advising on all aspects of litigation work, ranging from commercial, property and other coprprate litigation to responding to applications for judicial review and other public law contentious matters
- advising on information compliance (including FOI and SAR) and corporate complaints
- providing legal support to the debt recovery team and the SLA in the Team
- liaising with external legal support as required
Whilst it is not a pre-requisite on joining that you have all of the above skills and experience you will be required to develop those skills and experience with support from the Senior Lawyer in the Team.
Please note that all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for these jobs (as given in the Person Specification) and who want to apply under the Disability Confident Scheme will be invited to interview.