Youth Support Worker - Watford Young People`s Housing Service
Aim of the role: To provide support and empower vulnerable young people to achieve their aspirations and move towards independence.
We have an opportunity for a full time (37.5 hours) Youth Support Worker.
We are looking for enthusiastic and caring individuals to join our young people`s housing service in Watford which provides supported accommodation for 16-24 year olds with various needs. This is in an exciting opportunity to join an enthusiastic team who are determined to help young people reach their potential and move towards independent lives.
We`re keen to recruit individuals who care about supporting vulnerable young people to achieve their aspirations and goals, as well as understanding, promoting and embracing our values:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
If you`re someone who is able to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable young people, respond well in a crisis and work independently, we will give you all the training and support you need to do the role.
About the role
You`ll be empowering vulnerable young people to lead independent and fulfilling lives with the support of a network of staff, social workers and other professionals.
You will hold a caseload of young people and be expected to use a positive approach to support them to develop independent living skills such as cooking, cleaning, budgeting and building their confidence so they can move on positively when they turn 18.
You will also enable them to access education, employment, training opportunities, volunteering as well healthcare services in order to manage their emotional and physical wellbeing.
Supporting young people can often be challenging but incredibly rewarding. Patience, compassion, resilience and creativity will be crucial in this role where you can make a difference to a vulnerable young person`s life.
We provide a 24 hour service so you must be able to work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working.
Please note that a condition of your employment is that you commit to starting the following qualification within one year of joining Hightown:
- Frontline Staff - NVQ Level 3 or equivalent Children and Young Peoples Workforce Diploma
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £24,141 pa for a 37.5 hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
Hightown provides supported housing to people with a wide range of needs across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire.
Our Watford Young People`s Housing service provides supported housing to a variety of young people who have had very different experiences. This includes those who are homeless, those leaving care, those who are estranged from family and also young people who have difficulties sustaining education, training or employment.
Closing date: Wedmesday 22nd November 2023
Interview date: Thursday 30th November 2023
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.