The Royal Parks (TRP) is a charity created in March 2017. We manage over 5,000 acres of diverse parkland, rare habitats and historic buildings and monuments in eight Royal Parks across London. These are Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, The Green Park, St James’s Park, The Regent's Park and Primrose Hill, Greenwich Park, Richmond Park and Bushy Park.
We also manage other important public spaces including Brompton Cemetery and Victoria Tower Gardens. Our eight Royal Parks and other iconic green spaces are among the most visited attractions in the UK with 77 million visits every year.
We are now looking for four Procurement Category Managers to join us on a full-time, permanent basis.
- Salary of £55,000 per annum, depending on experience
- 26 days' annual leave (pro rata) plus public holidays, increasing to 29 days after 3 years’ service
- Pension scheme (3% employee contribution; up to 10% employer contribution)
- Hybrid/agile working options
- Private medical insurance and healthcare cash plan
- Employee assistance programme and access to mental health first aiders
- Learning and development opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Offices in a beautiful location
If you’re a procurement professional with excellent contract and supplier management abilities, this is an exciting opportunity to join the organisation that preserves some of London’s most iconic locations.
You’ll make an incredible impact on the stunning green spaces of London, retaining their beauty for generations to come!
What’s more, we offer a range of professional development options to ensure you can grow within your role and have the opportunity to expand your expertise and strengthen your skillset.
So, if you are ready for an exceptional career move and think you have what it takes to come onboard with us, why not apply today?
As a Procurement Category Manager, you will enhance our central procurement function, ensuring procurement is compliant and adheres to our strategic objectives.
Playing a key role in our Corporate Strategy, you will secure our financial future, breaking the mould and making positive changes to our services.
You will develop and implement procurement strategies which align with our objectives: driving collaboration, stakeholder engagement, and fostering best practices.
Additionally, you will:
- Manage stakeholder and supplier relationships and negotiate contracts
- Analyse Procurement needs and advise on category-specific sourcing strategies
- Monitor and assess supplier performance
To be considered as a Procurement Category Manager, you will need:
- Experience in pre and post procurement management life cycles, category management, or business partnering roles
- Experience of pre and post procurement activities, principles, practices, and regulations
- The ability to develop and implement procurement and contract management strategies
- Knowledge of CCR 2016, PCR 2015 application, and contracts
- Excellent negotiation, contract management, and supplier relationship management skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or a related field
- To be MCIPS qualified, with substantial post qualification experience and evidence of annual ongoing 30 hours CPD training and/or Chartered Status
Other organisations may call this role Logistics Supply Chain Manager, Purchasing & Procurement Manager, Purchasing Operations Manager, or Purchasing Manager.
We want to put everyone in the best possible position to succeed and use Recite-me accessibility software. At the top of the application page, there is an “Accessibility Tools” button which you can use to complete the application form in a way that works for you. If you think that you may need more support to complete our application process, please do get in touch.
The Royal Parks is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Please click here to find out more on our approach to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
So, if you are interested in this unique opportunity as a Procurement Category Manager, please apply via the button shown. Successful candidates will be appointed on merit.