About the Role
This is a new role within a recently formed team, focused on delivering against externally funded programmes of regeneration projects and the Council’s revised approach to managing its property assets.
The post-holder will be responsible for leading on the delivery of capital projects within the regeneration and property programme as well as supporting colleagues to scope, plan and deliver other major projects, across the Council.
In supporting the delivery of the Council’s new Property Asset Strategy you will be managing disposals, acquisitions and development projects for the improvement or alteration of Council properties; leading procurements and supporting stakeholder liaison and budget management.
There will also be the opportunity to deliver capital projects funded through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund and become involved more widely in other regeneration focused activity, as required.
About Swale Borough Council
Swale Borough Council is a progressive and ambitious Local Authority, located less than an hour from Central London in an attractive and diverse part of Kent involving urban, rural, and coastal areas. We believe that staff are our most valuable asset and we’re committed to attracting and retaining the very best. In recent times we have adapted and evolved to meet the current world by introducing a highly flexible hybrid working policy, along with a 34-hour week, recognising that staff wellbeing and work life balance is high on our agenda.
A range of benefits including:
- 34 hour full time working week with the offices closing at 1:30pm on Friday
- Highly flexible hybrid working opportunities
- 7am to 7pm flexi time to suit personal circumstances for most role
- Generous holiday entitlement which increases after 5 years LG service plus bank holidays with the option to buy additional leave.
- Additional 3 days leave given to enable a close down of the offices between Christmas and New year.
- Free parking
- Range of flexible working opportunities to accommodate people’s home/work life balance including compressed hours, 9-day fortnight, part time.
- Invitations to staff events to celebrate success and support wellbeing that include holistic therapies and outdoor activities
- Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential & independent information and access to counsellors
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) with valuable life cover and financial protection for your family.
- Life Assurance – three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand-new car. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax.
- Annual flu vaccine
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff benefits discounts on leisure, eating out, holidays and shopping
- Excellent learning and career opportunities for committed individuals
- A professional fee payment, if required for the role
We are looking for someone with a background in regeneration or property, with a sound understanding of project management and the systems and processes involved in the delivery of capital projects in particular. You should be able to demonstrate a strong track record of project delivery, from inception through to completion, delivering quality outcomes to time and budget.
Working with partners, other council services and elected Members, often in community settings, you will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to engage comfortably with organisations and individuals, sometimes with a mix of views and perspectives.
Whilst not essential, Membership of a relevant professional body and experience of working on relevant projects within the public sector using external funding would be welcome.
Following the submission of your application form, it will be reviewed by the recruiting manager. Those that are successful in securing an interview can expect job specific interview assessment, followed by an interview.
Swale Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employee and volunteers to share this commitment.
Swale Borough Council has a Skilled Worker Sponsorship License which enables successful candidates in eligible roles to be sponsored for work Visa purposes.
If you would like to discuss this position, please contact Kieren Mansfield, Strategic Programme and Assets Manager on 01795 417262.
To apply for the position please visit a www.swale.gov.uk/jobs and complete the online application form or by phone on 01622 602555.
Closing Date: 26 November 2023
Interview Date: 13 December 2023