Origin – shaping communities; building lives
Origin exists to make change happen for the good of communities. We help people by providing affordable homes – but that’s not enough. We support vulnerable residents to lead happy and better lives. We empower our staff to take action and rise to every challenge with ‘can do’ positivity.
Good people are the future of our innovative, working community. We have placed an exciting ‘People’ strategy at the heart of our culture – to support training and personal development, to deliver our values and to move Origin forward.
We’re looking for an experienced and motivated IT Service Delivery Manager to help drive our IT Service to be the best it can be for our residents and staff. You are proactive and confident in leading an IT Service Delivery function within Origin. This is a great opportunity for applicants who are looking to step into a role that is well positioned to make a big impact and has a high level of autonomy. This role calls for a high degree of initiative, judgement, and ability to motivate and inspire others to continually improve service. If you’re a practical thinker and do-er you’ll be able to plan and prioritise work, and adapt to change when necessary. As someone who wants to get ahead, we will help you develop a wide range of skills – we are a supportive team who values your professional development.
What you’ll do
- Take the leadOwner of the Incident, Request, Change, Service Transition and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required.
- Manage the Service Desk, Application Support and IT Systems Training
- Responsible for effective business relations within the organisation to enable delivery of customer focused IT services that deliver value
- Develop, manage, and continuously improve the organisation’s applications functionalities, interfaces, and business intelligence capabilities to the benefit of the business.
- Lead and direct the IT Service Delivery Team and Infrastructures Team to ensure that service level agreements (SLAs) and operational level agreements (OLAs) are defined and delivered in accordance with key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Lead on reporting IT KPI’s to the business
- Drive Continuous Improvement through reporting, trend analysis and service improvement plans
Manage operational risks and issues related to the IT Service
Lead Service Delivery communications and continuously improve IT Services informed by best practices in operations such as IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and DevOps
- As owner of the escalation process the Service Delivery Manager will take ownership of major incidents ensuring coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders and post incident review
- Play an active part in the discussions regarding the on-going delivery programme and/or programme release roadmap to ensure you have a full awareness of the potential impacts on the operational service.
- Take action on IT Audits, Organisation audits to ensure any risks to the organisation are kept to a minimum
Give your time
- Be an ambassador for IT, working across the business to provide effective communication on IT matters and build relationships with other teams to ensure effective dialogue between departments
- Hold regular meetings with SMG and be a business partner for IT. Providing regular IT Service updates whilst ensuring any escalated issues with IT are resolved efficiently.
- Provide IT Service information on an ad-hoc basis for the purposes of audits, assessments, and other regulatory/assurance requirements
- Lead on ensuring IT Service-related policies and procedures are reviewed and kept up to date.
Bring people together
- Recruit, lead, manage, motivate, coach, mentor and develop the Service Delivery Team.
- Drive internal and third-party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes.
- Co-ordinate vendor management ensuring regular account meetings take place, pro-
actively monitor supplier performance against SLAs and other contractual requirements, highlight underperformances and ensure that suppliers take prompt corrective action.
- Chair the Change Advisory Board and work to continually improve our Change and Release processes.
Come forward with a can-do attitude
- Champion Service and Support in projects and developing a strong understanding of projects impacting your service area and ensuring service impact is minimised and agreed
Go the extra, extra mile
- Be accountable for the quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated systems
What you’ll need
A motivational approach
Collaboration is highly important; you’ll need to demonstrate your experience of managing and developing a team.
Relationship building skills
We reach out to third parties to help us; you’ll need experience of setting up and maintaining successful partnerships and reaching out to the wider organisation to understand what is needed to deliver great service. You’ll be able to demonstrate that you are able to build excellent relationships and help to influence stakeholders to continue to improve service.
We operate at a high level; you’ll need to demonstrate a track record in delivering high performance and outcomes.
Our benefits to you
- Origin’s ways of working make it easier for you to balance work and home life. You will benefit from flexible working which offers you the opportunity to work from where you are most effective, with the technology and equipment you need, as well as access to flexible space for collaborative working.
- A generous 25-day holiday allowance plus bank holidays, that increases with time, with the opportunity to buy and sell leave
- 2 additional ‘giving something back’ volunteer days
- A pension scheme with contributions from 4% - 8% of your salary
- Family leave, compassionate leave and enhanced maternity pay
- Simply Health cash plan providing money back when you spend on health appointments including physiotherapy, dental and opticians
- Interest free loans to help spread the cost of a season ticket or another big purchase
- Annual staff conference, team away days and annual team meal allowance
- Access to Perk Box for fantastic savings on everyday purchases and much more
- Free employee assistance programme
- Opportunities to join staff network groups
- Refer a friend bonus
We’re also committed to ensuring that our people have access to an excellent range of learning and development opportunities including our induction programme, course sponsorship, leadership development, mentoring and talent schemes along with professional membership if it’s a requirement to your role.
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience meet the job description for IT Service Delivery Manager outlined above.
Closing date for applications: 27th November 2023
Please note that suitable candidates will be invited to interview throughout the application window and therefore the vacancy may close at short notice. However, all candidates will be advised of the outcome of their application and therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.