Origin – Great homes, positive people and strong communities
An inspiring past and a bright future
A home is the essential foundation for a good quality of life, so what we do every day really matters to the wellbeing of our communities. Here at Origin, we trace our roots back almost 100 years, building and managing high quality homes as well as providing support services and housing for those who are most vulnerable in London and Hertfordshire. We work to provide safe, decent affordable homes and support for individuals and communities.
Focused on our residents, our driving ambition is to provide services that make people’s lives easier, and homes and communities they can be proud to live in. We are ‘not for profit’ and reinvest all our surpluses back into our varied and vibrant neighbourhoods.
The role – Rents and Service Charge Manager
As Rents and Service Charge Manager you will lead a team in delivering a high quality, customer centric rents and service charge setting and utilities management service. It is a great opportunity to take ownership of specific projects which support rent and service charge setting across all tenures and improve the customer experience and value for money.
What you’ll do
- work collaboratively with other managers across the business to ensure all costs are correctly identified and income maximised by ensuring full recovery of all service chargeable expenditure
- develop, implement and monitor tactical and strategic plans for improving rent and service charge setting, reconciliation and utilities management to improve the customer experience
- lead your team to support budget holders to accurately prepare annual service charge income budgets and accurately account for expenditure through a business partnering approach.
- work in partnership with internal departments to ensure rents and service charges are set correctly and fully compliant with legislation for all new developments and re-let properties.
Skills and experience we'd like you to have
We’re looking for someone who:
- has a high degree of knowledge of rent and service charge setting legislation, contractual arrangements and best practice across all tenure type
- can demonstrate experience of managing a team remotely to ensure performance is at the highest levels.
- has an accountancy background
- is ideally from within the housing sector though this is not essential
Our core values are at the heart of how we work
- Take the lead
- Create energy
- Build trust
- Be generous
- Stay grounded
- Remember the little things
We're committed to the wellbeing of our people and in creating an environment that promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
Our benefits to you
- Origin’s ways of working make it easier for you to balance work and home life. You will benefit from flexible working which offers you the opportunity to work from where you are most effective, with the technology and equipment you need, as well as access to flexible space for collaborative working.
- A generous 25-day holiday allowance plus bank holidays, that increases with time, with the opportunity to buy and sell leave
- 2 additional ‘giving something back’ volunteer days
- A pension scheme with contributions from 4% - 8% of your salary
- Family leave, compassionate leave and enhanced maternity pay
- Simply Health cash plan providing money back when you spend on health appointments including physiotherapy, dental and opticians
- Interest free loans to help spread the cost of a season ticket or another big purchase
- Annual staff conference, team away days and annual team meal allowance
- Access to Perk Box for fantastic savings on everyday purchases and much more
- Free employee assistance programme
- Opportunities to join staff network groups
- Refer a friend bonus
We’re also committed to ensuring that our people have access to an excellent range of learning and development opportunities including our induction programme, course sponsorship, leadership development, mentoring and talent schemes along with professional membership if it’s a requirement to your role.
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience meet the requirements for the role of Rents and Service Charge Manager.
Closing date for applications: 26 November 2023
Please note that suitable candidates will be invited to interview throughout the application window and therefore the vacancy may close at short notice. However, all candidates will be advised of the outcome of their application and therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.