Notting Hill Genesis has a fantastic opportunity for a General Assistant to join our team providing communal cleaning duties at one of our supported Housing schemes based in Bishops Stortford, Hertforshire, CM23 2XR
The General Assistant will be based at Castle View in Bishops Stortford, Herts and work 20 hours per week.
Notting Hill Genesis is a leading supported housing provider for older people, and we have recently undergone an ambitious change programme in our services. The aim of the new service is to ensure that our customers achieve their own goals and aspirations through the support and encouragement of our staff.
We are committed to providing the best support for vulnerable individuals and encourage progression within our teams. We are looking for like-minded, caring individuals to join our team and make a difference. Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Cleaning communal areas
- Supporting Leasehold officer
- Supporting residents when required
- Covering the office if required in the absence of the Leasehold Officer
You will also work with the Supported Housing Assistant and could be asked to cover in the office in their absence. You will be on hand to support the residents as well as flagging safeguarding issues if they arise.
Ideally you will have experience of working in a Care and Support capacity and have experience of working in a customer service environment. You will have proven experience of routine cleaning and be able to manage and prioritise your workload.
If this sounds like the challenge, you are looking for we'd love to hear from you.
In return we offer:
- Excellent annual leave allowance and flexible working opportunities (qualifying period may apply)
- Generous pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay - we offer enhanced maternity and adoption pay in addition to statutory entitlements (qualifying period may apply)
- Employee assistance - free confidential advice and counseling services provided by independent specialist organisations
- Health cash plan
- Staff discounts - we give our staff access to discounts at hundreds of major retailers, gyms, restaurants, entertainment, days out, insurance and much more
- Interest free loans: season ticket loan, tenancy deposit loan and training loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Assurance x 4 annual salary
How to apply
Please apply for this role with us online. If you are not able to apply online, please contact our HR team via to discuss your requirements.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a Enhanced check via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)