Are you passionate about harnessing the power of data to drive innovation and enhance business outcomes? Do you thrive in a dynamic environment, leveraging cutting-edge cloud technologies to develop scalable and efficient data solutions? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
We aim to be at the forefront of technological innovation, utilizing cloud platforms to deliver advanced data solutions to our clients. As we continue to develop, we are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Data Developer to join our dynamic Data Services team.
Working for a council as a software developer offers a unique and rewarding opportunity to make a direct and meaningful impact on the community you serve. Unlike other roles where the end product's benefits might seem abstract or distant, projects undertaken within the council setting often address immediate needs, enhances public services and improves the quality of life for local residents.
- Design, develop, and implement robust and scalable data solutions the Microsoft data platform as well as utilising modern tools and languages such as Python, Databricks, Fabric and AI.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather and analyse business requirements, translating them into technical specifications.
- Optimize and tune data pipelines for maximum performance, reliability, and efficiency.
- Develop and maintain data architectures, ensuring data security, integrity, and availability.
- Mentor junior developers, sharing best practices and promoting a culture of continuous learning.
- Stay updated with emerging trends in cloud technologies and data engineering, incorporating them into our solutions.
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in developing data solutions using cloud technologies.
- Proficiency in cloud platforms such as Azure (Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks), AWS (Amazon Redshift, S3, Glue) or Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery, Dataflow).
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Python, SQL, or .NET.
- Solid understanding of data warehousing concepts, ETL processes, and data modelling.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Previous experience in local government along with a working knowledge of GIS datasets will be advantageous but not essential.
Should you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please contact Stewart Whitworth (email@example.com) in the first instance.
Please complete your application by Sunday 3rd December,
Interviews are scheduled to take place on the 14th December.