Stevenage Borough Council is a dynamic and community-focused council, committed to improving the lives of our residents. We provide essential services and maintain the highest standards. We are currently seeking a dedicated and experienced Fire Safety Manager to join our team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the councils Fire Safety Manager, you will be responsible for all areas of Fire Safety across the council’s housing stock. You will need to work closely with the lead officer, internal colleagues and external stakeholders to delivery all of the key Fire Safety Programmes.
You will work with both the “Responsible Person” & “Accountable Person” to ensure that all areas of key legislation are complied with, develop, and deliver best practice in these areas.
The key tasks are:
- Be the lead officer regarding Fire Safety Manager for Stevenage Borough Council.
- Ensure the duties of the ‘Accountable Person’ are complied with.
- Support the ‘Responsible Person’ in providing assurance that all fire safety regulatory and legislative responsibilities are being met.
- Manage the Fire Risk Assessment Programme
- Manage to completion all Fire Remedial actions, ensuring that they are completed to the required standards and within agreed timeframes.
- Manage the fire safety related works budget and ensure financial control of the service delivery is maintained on site.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within the housing or property management sector.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of relevant housing legislation and regulations.
- Budget management experience.
- A commitment to providing excellent customer service.
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
• Pension Scheme: We offer a career average pension scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
• Flexible working: available upon request, subject to operational requirements.
• Part time and Job share: all our full time vacancies are open to job share unless otherwise stated.
• A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave, maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
• 25 days holiday rising to 31 days (depending on Local Government service)
• An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
• Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
• Season ticket loans and discounts for public transport
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Stevenage Credit Union: secure savings, free life insurance and access to cheap loans.
• Employee Discounts: via monthly paid membership of the Civil Service Sports Council (CSSC)
• Discounted Health and Fitness membership
• Trade Unions: For a small fee, all employees have the opportunity to join a Trade Union.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Andrew Garside Tel No:01438 242545 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply online, please visit https://bit.ly/40BcJNo
Interviews will be held week commencing: 2nd January 2023
Please note that if we receive a large volume of applications for this role, we reserve the right to close this vacancy ahead of the published closing date
Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and recruitment candidates to share this commitment. SBC shall take all reasonable steps to employ staff who are safe to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. For posts identified with regular contact with these groups applicants will be required to undertake a Value Based Interview. The council supports the legislative requirements for employing and maintaining safer staff and the guidance specified by Hertfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board
Stevenage Borough Council is committed to Equal Opportunities for All. For further information please click https://www.stevenage.gov.uk/about-the-council/jobs-and-careers/equal-opportunities