Hexagon is an innovative and responsive housing association working in partnership with a range of local authorities to meet housing needs across South East London. With a turnover of £40m, 110 staff and over 4,000 homes, Hexagon is continually improving the quality and range of our affordable homes and services.
We are looking for an Electrical and M&E Project Manager to join our dynamic Property Safety Team.
Reporting to the Head of Property Safety, you will be the lead for all things related to mains electrical systems, lifts, lifting equipment and other M&E including management of contractors, ensuring the compliance system is reviewed, updated and referred to as well as day-to-day guidance/advice. In addition to electrical installations, lifts and general M&E your remit will include management of door entry, CCTV, lightning protection, and PV panels.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Significant experience of electrical safety and M&E (including lifting equipment) including a full understanding of contract forms.
- Knowledge of procurement including tendering, evaluation of contracts and procurement procedures.
- High level knowledge of the regulatory framework and full strategic view of service delivery.
- Substantial technical knowledge – able to identify causes of & prescribe remedies for electrical and M&E defects in social housing.
- Level 4 VRQ in Electrical Safety Management or Level 4 VRQ Diploma in Asset and Building Management (or equivalent); and Lift and Escalator Industry Association (LEIA) Practical Management of a Lift/Escalator Contract (or willingness to complete during probation period). Other qualifications associated with experience of a similar standard will be considered.
- Good IT, numeracy and communication skills (with the ability to challenge, influence and persuade others).
- A commitment to excellent standards of customer care.
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
As an organisation we are concerned with people, their homes, and communities. We make good quality, affordable housing, and services available to people in the local areas we serve, and work to extend opportunities and improve the neighbourhoods they live in.
We are a dynamic company that is committed to employee engagement, values its staff and provides a work environment that is built on flexibility, empowerment, and a commitment to support you to be the best that you possibly can. If you want to work with a fantastic team and feel proud of the contribution that you make each day, then we very much want to hear from you.
We will offer you training and supervision to help you achieve your full potential, and an excellent package including essential car user allowance, pension scheme, flexible hybrid working, and 26 days annual leave rising one day per year to 31 days.
Please note that confirmation of appointment to this post will be subject to the successful candidate obtaining an acceptable disclosure form the Disclosure and Barring Service. Details on the DBS can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service
For further details and how to apply, please visit our website at www.hexagon.org.uk
Interviews will take place on Friday 15 December 2023.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and making Hexagon an inclusive place to work where everyone can be themselves and feel valued for their contribution.