Gateway Housing has been supporting communities to thrive since 1926. We are an ambitious London based housing association with over 3,000 homes in the heart of London's East End. We provide social rented homes, shared ownership, and sheltered housing. We develop new homes too and are part way through an exciting programme to deliver another 250 homes by 2025. We also run our own in-house maintenance service, Gateway Homeworks. Our vision is that People will want to live in a Gateway home and People will want to work at Gateway.
You will be joining the organisation at an exciting time and be a key member of a dynamic team that wants to deliver great landlord services and strengthen our links to the local community.
Our values add up to P.A.C.E. Passionate, Accountable, Connected, Excellence. As a community housing association based in the East End for nearly 100 years, we're proud of the work we do to address the housing crisis through building and managing great homes.
We are currently recruiting for the following vacancy and welcome applications.
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical & Electrical Compliance Manager to lead on the coordination of Day to Day Contractor related repairs, management and delivery of Planned Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance and Improvement Programs. You will manage all compliance related activities and take an overarching compliance role across the organisation, ensure accurate and up to date reporting is available. You will also contribute to the activity of Gateway Building Safety Group, including our Compliance Plus commitment as part of the corporate strategy.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- To deliver and manage all Mechanical and Electrical Contracts, to include but not limited to, Electrical and Mechanical Services, Fire Alarms, Water Hygiene, Domestic and Commercial Gas, Lifts, Warden Call, Door Entry and Security to ensure statutory compliance, good practice and high residents' satisfaction.
- To undertake 10% Post Inspections of completed Responsive Repairs and Installations recording details on ActiveH and ensuring that any issues of quality and/or quantities are followed through to satisfactory conclusion for residents.
- To establish and maintain systems to ensure statutory and regulatory inspections and assessments are programmed and undertaken.
- Develop and Manage key programmes of work to ensure a balance to planned Maintenance programmes, ensuring where possible there is a flat line approach to avoid over exposure in terms of resource or budget over the years.
- To act as the main M and E responsible person for Gateway and to ensure attendance at the Building Safety Managements Groups meetings.
- To ensure full compliance with health and safety legal requirements, procedures and targets in respect of our property assets particularly in relation to gas safety, water hygiene, asbestos, fire safety, electrical safety and construction site safety including CDM, Control of Asbestos regulations etc.
- To attend and manage major of Out of Hours incidents involving GHA residents and or properties where required.
- To ensure consistent and accurate data input into ActiveH property management system and CloudD job management.
- To ensure your involvement with Development colleagues and follow procedures and guidelines laid down in relation to bringing projects through from the build stage to operational status.
- Taking on board the full responsibility of the Fire Risk Assessment management and ensuring actions are undertaken by the nominated deadlines.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
- Gas Safe registered for domestic and commercial gas installations.
- HND or Degree level qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Subject
- Professional Qualification or appropriate affiliation with a relevant body (CIBSE or IET)
- Management of planned, cyclical and major works
- Management of maintenance programmes across a range of property types and tenures
- Contract management
- Budget setting and financial management
- Dealing with leaseholders, general needs and sheltered schemes residents
- Detailed knowledge of statutory and regulatory frameworks affecting planned and cyclical programmes and works
- Receptive to change, resilient and adaptable
- Willing to work evenings and weekends when required
If you have the confidence and enthusiasm to work in a challenging but supportive working environment, we would like to hear from you.
Our benefits package includes:
- Annual Leave: starting at 28 days, plus Bank Holidays
- Subsidised Health and Wellbeing Membership
- Simply Health - help towards the costs of dentist, optician, and private medical appointments
- Employee Assistance Programme - including free legal, financial and counselling advice
- Pension - up to 10% employer contribution
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 29th November 2023
Please note that on some occasions where we have received sufficient applications, we will close the vacancy earlier than the closing date advertised.
GATEWAY is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community