The starting salary for this role is £39,355 - £42,053 per annum, based on a 36 hour working week.
At Surrey, we are proud to be leading the way in implementing new ways of working in personalisation and a recovery-focused strength-based approach.
Our goal is for our service-users to be able to be more in control of their care, making informed choices and being active citizens in their community.
Our teams across South West Surrey are looking for Social Workers to be based in both hospital and community settings giving you the opportunity to choose which setting is your preferred and most in line with your profile and experience. Our offer includes different contract types and working patterns/hours.
Our ASC workforce strategy supports our commitment to manage our talent and build succession plans for key areas, while investing in specialist training and development for our workforce. Key areas identified are:
- Investing in individual growth and career progression
- Growing workforce supply to meet demand
- Modernising the way we organise and deliver our services
- Ensuring our workplaces and practices are supportive and inclusive
- Continuing to work closely with our partners
With this in mind, we are looking for a range of enthusiastic and dynamic qualified and registered social work professionals with a variety of skills and experiences. Whether you enjoy duty, long term assessment, varied caseload, or D2A work, etc. - we want to hear from you.
We can offer you:
- Work/life balance: flexible working is supported where possible, including working from home or hot desking at a number of County Council sites
- 26 days annual leave (28 after 2 years' service and 30 after 5 years) plus 8 bank holidays
- Training and Development - Superb opportunities for development including a Readiness Programme, Preceptorship, Structured Induction Programme
- Mentoring and support from experienced colleagues
- Relocation assistance of up to £8,000, subject to meeting eligibility criteria
- A generous local government salary-related pension
- 24/7 employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Option to join our car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits
You will need to have completed your Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) and be registered with Social Work England. We recognise there will be exceptions to this so please speak to us if you are in any doubt.
Here is some information about our South West teams:
Our Guildford Locality Team (based in Guildford): The Guildford Locality Team is a varied team, allowing those who wish to do so to specialise in their area of interest. Alternatively, move between the sub-teams and develop a whole range of specialist knowledge!
Our Royal Surrey County Hospital Team (based in Guildford): Our team, which covers the Royal Surrey County Hospital, Milford and Haslemere Hospitals, is a friendly team who has a strong emphasis on promoting personal and professional development and progression.
Our Waverley Locality Team (based in Godalming): Waverley is a supportive, wide ranging team. Offices based in central picturesque Godalming with parking and nearby direct main transport links. We are a forward-thinking team that promote ongoing learning, career progression.
Please note this advert covers the whole of the South West area so at the time of advertising we cannot guarantee a vacancy in all teams. However, we will work closely with you to ensure your application is considered for a team that suits you in line with our available posts.
At Surrey we work together openly and honestly to provide our residents with an excellent service that is inclusive and respectful of all. We offer a wide range of benefits that allow you to develop within your career without having to sacrifice your work/life balance.
You can read more about our benefits, vision and values on our website by clicking apply.
The closing date for this role is 01/01/2024, although applications will be reviewed, and appointments made, on an on-going basis.
You can submit your CV & Personal Statement by clicking the 'apply' button below.
Please review the documents attached below to understand the experience, knowledge and skills required for these roles.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for these roles.
Not local to Surrey? We can offer you relocation assistance and more details are included in the attachment below.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups. We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.