About us at Hounslow
We’d love you to join us at the London Borough of Hounslow! Our people are deeply committed to providing excellent services to our residents, doing all we can to make lives as good as they can be.
We are an outstanding council, serving an outstanding borough. With brilliant, visionary leadership, a dynamic Cabinet and a can-do culture, we’ve built strong partnerships which have transformed how we serve one of London’s most diverse boroughs. Hounslow is the world in one place and full of potential. We are stepping up for our residents like never before.
About our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We live by five core values: Lead with Heart, Do New, Pass on the Power, Harness the Mix and Be a Rock. All our work has equality, diversity and inclusion at its very heart, best articulated in “Harness the Mix”. It's about breaking down barriers between our parts and people and unlocking the problem-solving power of our amazing mix of minds. We serve a diverse community, we have a diverse workforce and we are committed to being an inclusive employer.
We work hard to create representation across our workforce and leadership community, we have thriving employee network groups and our learning and development programmes help us lead, model and breathe ways of working that eliminate inequality, inequity, injustice and bias.
As part of this and under our commitments as a Disability Confident Employer, we make reasonable adjustments to accommodate our candidates. There’s space for you to tell us what you need within our application form.
If you join us, you’ll have access to a range of employee benefits. Read more about these here.
About The Role
You will be an active member of the Digital and IT team, with specific responsibilities within the application management area, which helps the organisation achieve maximum value from our applications.
Your contribution will have an impact upon the practical implementation of the One Hounslow transformation programme and the delivery of the Digital Strategy.
You are a Digital and IT ambassador, actively involved with embracing and leading change. You are outcome-focused and put Hounslow residents at the very heart of everything we do and every decision we take. You will live and breathe our values and behaviours.
You will go beyond your professional discipline and work across boundaries, within the organisation and beyond.
About The Team You’ll Be Working In
- Work as part of a team that manages the lifecycle of line of business applications, databases and websites.
- Provide a responsive and user-focused application maintenance and support service, ensuring our applications meet our users' needs and processes are optimised.
- Take ownership for resolution of application incidents and problems, following agreed procedures and calling on the expertise of colleagues and suppliers as required.
- Provide support, advice and guidance on applications and lifecycle management.
- Assist with ensuring applications are user-centric in their design and have our users' needs at their heart.
- Proactively identify opportunities to develop improvements to interfaces, processes and procedures to maximise efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Help to monitor interfaces, outputs and web services to and from applications to ensure they are running efficiently and resolve any disruptions.
- Participate at all stages of system implementation and major improvement projects, helping to ensure the right resources are available when needed, keeping colleagues fully informed and ensuring all designs and solutions are appropriately documented.
- Participate in and facilitate user groups and testing activities and help to ensure that suitable training and coaching programmes are in place.
- Develop reports, extract and manipulate data from a variety of sources, working closely with colleagues throughout the service and organisation.
- Maintain applications, environments and active accounts to ensure that they are fully operational, patched, compliant, correctly licensed and on a fully supported version.
- Assist with regular audits of applications to ensure effective allocation of user licences and spot any other opportunity for improvement.
- Help ensure application data meets information governance requirements and advise on data quality, matching, archiving and reporting.
- Help to ensure there is up-to-date documentation in place covering all associated processes, policies and procedures.
- Support the development and maintenance of training materials and, where necessary, deliver training and guidance on new or changed systems.
- Work closely with suppliers to fully understand and influence their application roadmaps, assist with the review of releases, upgrades and fixes and take part in the implementation of changes.
- Assist in the conduct of elections when required to do so.
- You'll bring experience of working in a similar role and be able to demonstrate an understanding of application lifecycle management, ideally in a local government setting.
- You have broad experience of supporting or developing a number of applications and deep knowledge of one or more applications, including all aspects of the application's lifecycle.
- You are familiar with customer care issues with experience of dealing confidently and effectively with external agencies and members of the public as well as councillors and colleagues.
- You have excellent attention to detail; you can produce high quality documentation and you are experienced adapting your approach and style to the needs of the target audience.
- You have experience of change control processes, assessing risk, challenging assumptions, translating requirements, identifying resources, and implementing development requests.
- You have considerable experience participating in the implementation of new or significantly improved applications or websites.
- You are aware of application architecture and associated infrastructure, with experience developing, configuring and supporting a range of applications, websites and databases.
- You are familiar with databases and database query languages.
- You are familiar with accessibility regulations and the importance of making applications and websites accessible.
- You are committed to using data for good, you understand the importance and significance of data ethics and have an awareness of information governance and data management.
- Qualification: you hold a degree-level qualification or demonstrable work-based experience that evidences an equivalent level of attainment and competence in related disciplines.
- You engage in continuous professional development.
If the points below resonate with you, we’d love you to put in an application.
Read more about the work you’ll be doing in the Role Profile.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box. At Hounslow, we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you can do most of what we’re looking for, go ahead and apply. You may be just the right candidate for the job or be perfect for one of our other roles!
When Interviews Will Be Held and Who to Contact
The key information you need about the role should be in the Role Profile, but if you have any further questions about the role, please contact:
Telephone: 020 8583 6196
Interviews for this job will be held during week commencing 8th Jan 2024
To apply please click on the "Apply Online" link below or visit