An opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the Recovery Team within the Revenues & Benefits Service. This is a great chance to join a successful Recovery Team which provides the following service:
- Collection of unpaid council tax, business rates, housing benefit overpayments and sundry debts
- Prosecution of debtors through the magistrates and county courts
- Referral of debts to and liaison with enforcement agents (bailiffs)
- Recovering debts through attachments to earnings or benefits
As part of this role you can expect to undertake the following tasks:
- Provide general information and advice relating to council tax; business rates; housing benefit overpayments and sundry debts
- Use judgement in deciding the next course of recovery action bearing in mind the customers circumstances
- Negotiate repayment schedules with customers both in person; in writing and over the telephone
- Updating of database records concerning recovery matters
- Dealing with financial appeals
- Monitoring of payment records and other associated administration
You will ideally have experience of working within a financial services environment such as Revenues and Benefits, payroll, account reconciliation or a similar related office environment. Additionally, you will have good communication and interpersonal skills, combined with competent IT skills, accurate data entry along with a good attention to detail.
If this sounds like the role for you, then we would encourage you to apply today.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile.
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager call Karen Powell on 01634 333732.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.