Do you have the experience and drive to undertake all aspects of strategic commissioning, service planning and service transformation across our Children and Young Peoples services, ensuring Lewisham has the best possible services to deliver improved outcomes for our looked after children and young people?
Lewisham Council and Lewisham Clinical Commissioning Group are committed to providing the best possible services for their residents and the joint commissioning service plays a central role in achieving this. We are looking to appoint a Joint Commissioner to lead on personalised commissioning and placements for our Looked After Children.
The role includes:
- Leading the holistic commissioning of placements services, resource allocation and management of budgets to meet the needs of our looked after children or young people.
- Leading integration across the partnership, driving change to secure improved outcomes for our LAC.
- Programme managing complex change programmes to improve service outcomes, specifically around refreshing our Sufficiency Strategy, merging our commissioning and placement functions and developing our market approaches to placements.
- Commissioning / de-commissioning services for both London Borough of Lewisham and Lewisham CCG, as key partners in the Children’s Partnership, in line with applicable governance requirements.
Laurence House, Catford.
What we’re looking for
With a clear understanding of the needs of Lewisham looked after children and young people, you will be required to ensure that needs are thoroughly analysed and appropriate services are designed and commissioned in a way that delivers outcomes and represents value for money. The successful candidate will also be responsible for forging and maintaining a number of highly effective working relationships with a range of internal and external agencies.
- Significant experience of Children and Young People’s service planning and commissioning for Looked After Children
- Significant service experience of Children’s Social Care and placements processes
- A sound grasp of the Government’s agenda for public services and children and young people
- Excellent understanding of commissioning and contract managing
- Excellent analytical skills demonstrating competence interpreting and utilising a range of different information and data sources, including financial, statistical, and qualitative data and presenting conclusions and implications
- Substantial experience of effective project management and delivery, demonstrating application of project management approaches and principles
- Experience of procurement activities, such as tendering and contract management
- Comprehensive knowledge of legislation and strategy/policy frameworks for Children’s Social Care
In return, we’ll offer excellent development opportunities, plus a range of benefits that includes a career average pension scheme, flexible working and the opportunity to make a real difference to our local community.
£52,089-£54,150 pa (PO8)
For an informal discussion, please contact Catherine Bunten on 020 8314 6577.
Lewisham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
To find out more, including a full job description and person specification, and to apply, please visit our website.
Sunday 12 December 2018 at 11:59pm.
The Council reserves the right to close adverts early if there is a large response.