We have been redesigning Children's Social Care and are now working systemically and collaboratively in small practice groups (led by an Team Manager and with administrative support and clinical input). Working closely alongside others in the practice group engenders a sense of shared accountability, which has been described as "a breath of fresh air" by others who have worked in this way. Our structure is intended to support developing excellence in practice therefore we are looking to recruit newly qualified social workers who have the professional potential and personal attributes that Southwark families need. We have an outstanding ASYE scheme and career progression opportunities so if you are committed to improving the life experience for children and families in need, we would welcome your application.
We have vacancies for those currently completing their training and seeking to undertake their ASYE in 2019 in our frontline services based in Peckham. You will have the opportunity to train in any of the following services, Safeguarding and Family Support and Care.
We plan to offer successful candidates a position of Social Work Officer, pending the HCPC registration
* A systemic framework of social work practice
* Low caseloads, in our Safeguarding service, each practice group works with approximately 72 children, so on average 18 children per social worker, and that's children not families we are counting; giving social workers the time and resources to work intensively to help families change.
* Protected caseload for ASYE staff ensuring gradual practice skill development.
* Dedicated specialist administrative support in order to free you up to spend more time working with families than in front of your computer
* Modern technology including IPhone or devices for all social work staff
* One half-day per week protected time for group supervision
* The salary £32,592 with benefits including good pension scheme, part-time and flexible working and 28 days annual leave.
Please contact Veronique Lew 0207-525-4234 or Zi-han Su 0207-525-4579 for a discussion or further information.
We reserve the right to close the post before the stated closing date. Please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Key important dates:
Closing date: 16th December 2018
Occupational assessment dates: 3rd to 9th January 2019
Interviews: 14th to 16th January 2019