Assistant Team Manager - Youth Offending Service
Management Grouping: Children’s Services
Team: Youth Offending Service
Salary: £41,370 - £47,211 per annum inclusive of Choices Flexible Benefit
Contract: Permanent / 36 hours per week
Closing Date: 10/12/2018
Job reference: ECS0000359
We are seeking a full time, permanent Assistant Team Manager in our Youth Offending Service (YOS).
Bexley YOS is part of a successful partnership and at the heart of developments to prevent crime and promote the inclusion of young people in Bexley. The service is multi-agency and co-ordinates and delivers all youth justice services for children and young people aged 10-17 years who have been referred by police or Courts.
The YOS is co-located with education and children’s social care and supports children and families through challenging times, whilst being attentive to safeguarding, public protection and the wider harm that their behaviour can have in the community. The work will involve operational management oversight and supervision responsibilities across both statutory and YOS prevention services.
We are a high performing service and welcome candidates who share our obsession to help children and young people overcome barriers to achieve and succeed. You should be a qualified and HCPC registered Social Worker with experience of working with children and families within the field of youth justice including Court, Appropriate Adult, out of court and prevention services. It is important that you have a creative approach, plenty of energy, initiative and the ability to forge effective partnerships with other agencies.
Bexley Children’s Services has adopted Signs of Safety as its practice model. This strengths and solution focused ethos of working with families and colleagues is threaded throughout all areas of Children’s Social Care. As part of your role you will work alongside this practice framework.
Bexley provides exceptional training, development and supervision and our YOS staff retention rates are excellent.
Come and join us to deliver excellent services to young people, their parents, victims and the wider community. The successful candidate will be given opportunities to develop skills and knowledge across children’s services.
Duty management cover at weekend and bank holidays court and evening panels will be required on occasion as required.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service
What we offer:
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic offices
- 31 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- Bexley has a flexible and generous package to support you moving to work in Bexley. We will pay up to £8k which you can use as you wish, e.g. to pay a deposit or mortgage, to meet housing costs, fees and other expenses.
- Reimbursement of HCPC subscription
- Excellent local government pension scheme
- Performance related pay with the opportunity to earn a 5% bonus each year
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
View more about our employment deal here.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Severine Aare, YOS Service Manager on 020 3045 5054.
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.