Digital Content Designer – PO2
This is an exciting time to join Waltham Forest – London’s first Borough of Culture. We are busy creating a Council for the future and this is your chance to join an ambitious, customer focussed Digital team during a time of change and transformation.
Waltham Forest is east London’s cultural hotspot and one of the greenest and fastest growing areas in the capital. With fantastic connectivity, huge investment potential and limitless ambition we are fast becoming well known for economic growth and regeneration.
Over the past few years Waltham Forest has changed drastically as a place. Good schools, great parks, excellent culture facilities, mass regeneration and budding community entrepreneurial ship are making us a place that people want to call home. Our ambition is that everybody in Waltham Forest enjoys a quality life.
At Waltham Forest we are 100% committed to providing our residents and local businesses with seamless, intuitive digital customer experiences. As one of the most creative boroughs in London we are focussed on transforming the way our residents connect with the world around them, and with us.
So we need to make sure the Waltham Forest digital experience is the very best it can be. And that means supporting services and people in a culture that puts customers first.
As the Digital Content Designer you will be focussed on making our websites and services simpler, clearer and faster to interact with for our residents and businesses. You will be a skilled at writing high-quality, user-focussed content, and understand digital, technology and people.
Collaborative working is key in this role – as you will need to work with the whole digital team, on all or any of our projects as well as on-going content optimisation work and supporting the Digital Content & UX Manager to design and implement a successful digital content strategy. You’ll also work with other services from across the council and build a strong relationship with customer services, understanding their challenges and strengths as we strive to move more customers into digital and away from calling us.
If you have energy and passion, and believe in our vision of delivering amazing digital services that will help change people’s lives then this job is for you.
Key knowledge, skills and experience required
- Extensive experience of writing, delivering and tracking the success of digital content, with proven ability to create content that is accessible and usable.
- Experienced using customer feedback and analytics to extract insight to define and improve content.
- An understanding of UX techniques, methodologies and tools.
- Experienced in managing a mixed and varied workload of conflicting priorities, responding effectively to the needs of all customers.
- An excellent communicator, skilled at building strong relationships across a business, and able to influencing and negotiate with stakeholder’s to get the best outcome for our customers.
- High degree of endurance and flexibility to work through multiple iterations of work and quickly manage changing priorities and diverse subject matters.
- Ability to see the big picture, and make effective decisions.
- Familiar with working in an agile environment and of development processes.
Waltham Forest offers something for everyone. As an employer of choice we offer a great benefits package including:
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible working including working from home
- Attractive pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket and travel card loans
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff development and training
- Discounts at local restaurants and bars
- A staff benefits portal with over 6000 deals on popular retailers and brands
How to Apply