This is an exciting time to join Waltham Forest – London’s first Borough of Culture. We are busy creating a Council for the future and this is your chance to join an ambitious, customer focussed Digital team during a time of change and transformation.
Waltham Forest is east London’s cultural hotspot and one of the greenest and fastest growing areas in the capital. With fantastic connectivity, huge investment potential and limitless ambition we are fast becoming well known for economic growth and regeneration.
Over the past few years Waltham Forest has changed drastically as a place. Good schools, great parks, excellent culture facilities, mass regeneration and budding community entrepreneurial ship are making us a place that people want to call home. Our ambition is that everybody in Waltham Forest enjoys a quality life.
At Waltham Forest we are 100% committed to providing our residents and local businesses with seamless, intuitive digital customer experiences. As one of the most creative boroughs in London we are focussed on transforming the way our residents connect with the world around them, and with us.
So we need to make sure the Waltham Forest digital experience is the very best it can be. And that means supporting services and people in a culture that puts customers first.
As the Digital Delivery Manager you will manage the delivery of multiple projects and digital service improvements via the digital team, setting up the agile environment that the team needs to build and iterate a customer focussed service, removing obstacles or ‘blockers’ to progress and helping the digital team become better at autonomously organising their own work. You’ll be adept at delivering complex digital projects, breaking down barriers for your team and both planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed.
You’ll provide leadership and set standards for your team of development and test experts, working collaboratively with the digital product and content teams. You will be committed to ensuring that at all times required outcomes (business change, service improvements and council savings) are met to untimely improve the life chances of our residents.
If you have energy and passion, and are ready to lead a digital development team to achieve our vision of delivering amazing digital services that will help change people’s lives then this job is for you.
Key knowledge, skills and experience required
- Demonstrated experience in agile project delivery, having set up and run projects previously as Scrum Master with agile teams.
- Expert in agile delivery processes and frameworks including Scrum, Kanban and DevOps, with a strong digital delivery background.
- An excellent understanding of the fundamentals of software development, processes and procedures, incremental delivery and the value of using data and metrics to inform decisions.
- Proficient in using agile project management software, in particular JIRA.
- Ability to coach others effectively in agile techniques, and experience of improving agile teams through coaching and mentoring.
- Proven at making a positive impact at departmental level, with the ability to build and maintain excellent cross-team collaboration to ensure success of a project and/or sprint.
- Strong influencing, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Experienced people manager. Actively build and maintain morale levels within the team through open communication and activities that foster a sense of team unity and a focus on the achievement of results. Ensure the Digital Development team is high performing and following agile methodologies, continuously striving to improve digital customer experience.
Waltham Forest offers something for everyone. As an employer of choice we offer a great benefits package including:
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible working including working from home
- Attractive pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket and travel card loans
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff development and training
- Discounts at local restaurants and bars
- A staff benefits portal with over 6000 deals on popular retailers and brands
How to Apply