Digital Products Owner – PO5
This is an exciting time to join Waltham Forest – London’s first Borough of Culture. We are busy creating a Council for the future and this is your chance to join an ambitious, customer focussed Digital team during a time of change and transformation.
Waltham Forest is east London’s cultural hotspot and one of the greenest and fastest growing areas in the capital. With fantastic connectivity, huge investment potential and limitless ambition we are fast becoming well known for economic growth and regeneration.
Over the past few years Waltham Forest has changed drastically as a place. Good schools, great parks, excellent culture facilities, mass regeneration and budding community entrepreneurial ship are making us a place that people want to call home. Our ambition is that everybody in Waltham Forest enjoys a quality life.
At Waltham Forest we are 100% committed to providing our residents and local businesses with seamless, intuitive digital customer experiences. As one of the most creative boroughs in London we are focussed on transforming the way our residents connect with the world around them, and with us.
So we need to make sure the Waltham Forest digital experience is the very best it can be. And that means supporting services and people in a culture that puts customers first.
As the Digital Product Owner you will be focussed on the delivery and continuous improvement of Waltham Forest’s websites and digital services, and delivering this change working collaboratively with the Digital Products & Services Manager, council services and digital content and development teams.
Experienced working in an agile environment you will excel at digital product management, developing and prioritising product roadmaps and backlogs, writing user stories and being 100% focussed on building brilliant customer experiences that increase digital channel adoption and improve resident’s experience of the council.
You will be committed to ensuring that at all times required outcomes (business change, service improvements and council savings) are met to untimely improve the life chances of our residents.
If you have energy and passion, and believe in our vision of delivering amazing digital services that will help change people’s lives then this job is for you.
Key knowledge, skills and experience required
- Experience of product management with a passion for developing and optimising great digital services and service-focussed websites by leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- An innate sense of what makes a successful user experience.
- The ability to switch between the strategic visioning and the detail, being the authority in all aspects of your product area.
- Experience of engaging with users and turning user insight into product improvements.
- Experience of collecting requirements, writing user stories and managing a product backlog.
- Familiarity with setting, monitoring and reporting measurable product performance targets.
- An excellent communicator with influencing, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Results focused, with excellent interpersonal skills to keep people energised, positive and focussed on delivering a great experience.
- Ability to make decisions and deliver under pressure.
Waltham Forest offers something for everyone. As an employer of choice we offer a great benefits package including:
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible working including working from home
- Attractive pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket and travel card loans
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff development and training
- Discounts at local restaurants and bars
- A staff benefits portal with over 6000 deals on popular retailers and brands
Closing date: 18th December 2018 at 11.30pm
How to Apply