This is an exciting time to join Waltham Forest – London’s first Borough of Culture. We are busy creating a Council for the future and this is your chance to join an ambitious, customer focussed Digital team during a time of change and transformation.
Waltham Forest is east London’s cultural hotspot and one of the greenest and fastest growing areas in the capital. With fantastic connectivity, huge investment potential and limitless ambition we are fast becoming well known for economic growth and regeneration.
Over the past few years Waltham Forest has changed drastically as a place. Good schools, great parks, excellent culture facilities, mass regeneration and budding community entrepreneurial ship are making us a place that people want to call home. Our ambition is that everybody in Waltham Forest enjoys a quality life.
At Waltham Forest we are 100% committed to providing our residents and local businesses with seamless, intuitive digital customer experiences. As one of the most creative boroughs in London we are focussed on transforming the way our residents connect with the world around them, and with us.
So we need to make sure the Waltham Forest digital experience is the very best it can be. And that means supporting services and people in a culture that puts customers first.
As the Digital Content & UX Manager you will own the digital content and user experience strategy, actively driving ongoing improvements to the Waltham Forest digital content and user experience while ensuring day-to-day business as usual updates are managed and delivered at a high standard. You’ll be a skilled at writing high-quality, user-focussed content, understand digital technology and people, and experienced at using insight and data to inform decision making.
You’ll provide leadership and set standards for your team of content experts, working collaboratively with the digital product and development teams. You will be committed to ensuring that at all times required outcomes (business change, service improvements and council savings) are met to untimely improve the life chances of our residents.
If you have energy and passion, and are ready to lead a digital content team to achieve our vision of delivering amazing digital services that will help change people’s lives then this job is for you.
Key knowledge, skills and experience required
- Strong digital content background with proven track record and solid experience of creating content for digital services.
- Proven experience in writing, delivering and tracking engaging digital content strategies.
- Familiarity with analytics is essential. You will be comfortable extrapolating insight from data and driving informed changes and improvements.
- An excellent grasp of UX techniques, methodologies and tools, experienced in creating wireframes, personas, user journeys, site maps and diagrams, as well as prototypes as required.
- Experience in user experience testing or other similar customer experience improvement tools.
- Experienced in planning, directing and co-ordinating a mixed and varied workload of conflicting priorities, responding effectively to the needs of all customers.
- Proven experience in a leadership role with strong interpersonal skills, influencing and people engagement skills. An exceptional communicator able to operate and empathise with stakeholders and business groups, influencing and gaining commitment to objectives.
- Experienced people manager. Actively build and maintain morale levels within the team through open communication and activities that foster a sense of team unity and a focus on the achievement of results. Ensure the Digital Content team is high performing and following agile methodologies where possible and continuously striving to improve digital customer experience.
Waltham Forest offers something for everyone. As an employer of choice we offer a great benefits package including:
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible working including working from home
- Attractive pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket and travel card loans
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff development and training
- Discounts at local restaurants and bars
- A staff benefits portal with over 6000 deals on popular retailers and brands