This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service that is committed and passionate about changing and saving lives. Our Service is one of the largest combined Fire and Rescue Services in the country.
We are looking for a Corporate Governance Manager based at our Headquarters at the Five Rivers Health & Wellbeing Centre in Salisbury.
The successful candidate will:
- Ensure that the Service and Authority have robust corporate governance arrangements providing clear direction for planning, scrutiny and assurance arrangements
- Lead the democratic services function for the Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Authority ensuring that the Authority and its associated committees are appropriately governed in line with the Local Government Act
- Provide executive support to the Authority and key Service committees and meetings, ensuring meetings are structured, organised and administered in line with the governance arrangements
- Implement systems and processes to support and strengthen corporate governance aligned to industry best practice.
You must have:
- Specialist knowledge and working experience in a democratic services environment
- Knowledge and understanding of governance best practise and challenges
- Considerable experience in minute taking and meeting management for high level meetings and committees
- 4 GCSE’s Grade C or above, including English and Mathematics, or equivalent
- Management degree or equivalent
- Able to engage, influence, build and maintain constructive relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders both internal and external
- Committed to upholding the principles of accountability, openness and transparency in advising and guiding elected members in their executive, representational and community leadership roles
- Able to handle a broad range of tasks to plan and prioritise workloads with good attention to detail
- A full current driving licence
- You will be required to travel across both counties to attend meetings
- A Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance will be undertaken on the successful individual prior to offer of employment.
- Any offer of employment will be subject to a pre-employment medical and receipt of satisfactory references
If you think you would work well in this role and help make our community safer then we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Wednesday 16th January 2019. It is intended that interviews will take place on Monday 28th January 2019. Interviews will take place at our Headquarters in Salisbury and will include a minute taking test.
To find out more and apply:
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Jill McCrae, Head of Strategic Planning & Corporate Assurance on 07711458888 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
You should ensure you include satisfactory evidence in your application to support all of the areas stated as being measured at the Application Stage on the Person Specification. This will ensure you have the best opportunity of progressing to the next stage of the selection process.
We operate the Disability Confident (Two Ticks) Guaranteed Interview Scheme for disabled candidates. Please tell us in confidence if this applies to you, or if there are any reasonable adjustments that would help you apply for this post.
If you hold international qualifications, you will be required to provide official evidence that shows how these compare to UK Qualifications. We will accept a Statement of Comparability from a UK organisation called NARIC which can be obtained via their website: http://www.ecctis.co.uk/naric/Individuals/Compare%20Qualifications/Statement%20of%20Comparability.aspx Please note that UK NARIC charge for this service, so if you request a Statement of Compatibility, you will be required to pay for it as we are unable to reimburse you.
For further guidance on how to complete your application, please refer to the Job Application Guidance Notes.
Please complete every box. If necessary mark as N/A, or Not Applicable, so we are sure that you have no information to provide. Your application may not be submitted through the system if every box has not been clearly marked with a response.
All applicants will be e-mailed throughout the process; therefore please check your emails regularly. Your email may be found in your Junk mail, so please ensure you check this section of your mailbox as well.
Internal staff applying for vacancies should complete their application in their own time.
If you are experiencing difficulties completing your application or have a need to complete your application in an alternative format due to a disability, please contact HR Services on 01722 691444 within plenty of time of the closing date of the position you are applying for.
Values & Behaviours Framework
Our recruitment, assessment and progression processes are based on our RESPECT Behaviours Framework that has been developed specifically for a career in Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service. When recruiting, we identify the most important behaviours for the role and these are used as part of the short-listing and selection process.
For a comprehensive list of our RESPECT Behaviours Framework, please refer to www.dwfire.org.uk/values-and-behaviours