Senior Firmstep Developer – PO7
This is an exciting time to join Waltham Forest – London’s first Borough of Culture. We are busy creating a Council for the future and this is your chance to join an ambitious, customer focussed Digital team during a time of change and transformation.
Waltham Forest is east London’s cultural hotspot and one of the greenest and fastest growing areas in the capital. With fantastic connectivity, huge investment potential and limitless ambition we are fast becoming well known for economic growth and regeneration.
Over the past few years Waltham Forest has changed drastically as a place. Good schools, great parks, excellent culture facilities, mass regeneration and budding community entrepreneurial ship are making us a place that people want to call home. Our ambition is that everybody in Waltham Forest enjoys a quality life.
At Waltham Forest we are 100% committed to providing our residents and local businesses with seamless, intuitive digital customer experiences. As one of the most creative boroughs in London we are focussed on transforming the way our residents connect with the world around them, and with us.
So we need to make sure the Waltham Forest digital experience is the very best it can be. And that means supporting services and people in a culture that puts customers first.
As a Senior Firmstep Developer you will work across a range of digital projects and service optimisation improvements. You will set development standards working collaboratively with the digital team, and ensure high quality processes; code and integrations are delivered in line with service and customer goals.
Day-to-day you will build accessible services with a focus on customer needs, advise on the technical feasibility of designs, build, adapt and maintain digital services, solve technical problems and continually be on the lookout for ways to improve efficiency and experience using new tools and techniques.
You’ll thrive using agile methods and enjoy working openly, collaboratively and as part of a multidisciplinary team focused on one or more projects at a time. Above all, you want to make Waltham Forest better, which may sometimes involve challenging the status quo.
If you have energy and passion, and believe in our vision of delivering amazing digital services that will help change people’s lives then this job is for you.
Key knowledge, skills and experience required
- Expert knowledge and experience developing digital services and processes using Firmstep software, including My Account, Service (CRM), Dash, Mobile and Forms, and integrating these with other applications.
- Solid experience using database structured query language (SQL).
- An excellent understanding of API development, documentation and best practices.
- Knowledge of technologies used to support web applications, including databases, servers and backups.
- An understanding of software design principles and experience working in an agile environment, having working on projects and services previously as a member of an agile team.
- Experienced and skilled at communicating reasoning, ideas and technical problems using non-technical language.
- Proactive and results-oriented, creative and innovative in finding solutions to complex problems.
Waltham Forest offers something for everyone. As an employer of choice we offer a great benefits package including:
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible working including working from home
- Attractive pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket and travel card loans
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff development and training
- Discounts at local restaurants and bars
- A staff benefits portal with over 6000 deals on popular retailers and brands