Digital Support Officer – PO5
This is an exciting time to join Waltham Forest – London’s first Borough of Culture. We are busy creating a Council for the future and this is your chance to join an ambitious, customer focussed Digital team during a time of change and transformation.
Waltham Forest is east London’s cultural hotspot and one of the greenest and fastest growing areas in the capital. With fantastic connectivity, huge investment potential and limitless ambition we are fast becoming well known for economic growth and regeneration
Over the past few years Waltham Forest has changed drastically as a place. Good schools, great parks, excellent culture facilities, mass regeneration and budding community entrepreneurial ship are making us a place that people want to call home. Our ambition is that everybody in Waltham Forest enjoys a quality life.
At Waltham Forest we are 100% committed to providing our residents and local businesses with seamless, intuitive digital customer experiences. As one of the most creative boroughs in London we are focussed on transforming the way our residents connect with the world around them, and with us.
So we need to make sure the Waltham Forest digital experience is the very best it can be. And that means supporting services and people in a culture that puts customers first.
As the Digital Support Officer you will be responsible for providing second line technical support for more than 150 interactive digital services built on the Firmstep platform. You will be a problem solver by nature and enjoy ‘getting under the hood’ to assist the Digital product team, development team and council services to identify potential root causes for technical issues and provide recommendations on how to remedy these, always with the customer experience in mind.
Experienced of working in an agile environment you will use your digital service knowledge and expertise to support the prioritisation and optimisation of digital products, providing key insight into how customers and council staff are interacting with our digital services both in the front and back end. You will also work closely with the Digital Development team, taking part in development activities as required.
If you have energy and passion, and believe in our vision of delivering amazing digital services that will help change people’s lives then this job is for you.
Key knowledge, skills and experience required
- Expert knowledge of Firmstep software, including My Account, Service (CRM), Dash, Mobile and Forms.
- Experience of engaging effectively with users to support them in using digital services and turning user insight into product improvements.
- Experience of coaching service team members and supporting them to actively adopt and promote digital within their own service area.
- Experience of collecting requirements to improve digital services and websites and working with product owners to write user stories and prioritise improvements within product backlogs.
- An excellent understanding of the fundamentals of software development, application support and agile delivery techniques, tools and software (JIRA).
- A technical background, with some software development skills and interest in developing these further.
- An excellent communicator with influencing, conflict resolution and negotiation skills. Ability to explain the cause and effect of technical issues, and steps to resolution in non-technical language.
- A strong customer focus and a passion for helping others.
Waltham Forest offers something for everyone. As an employer of choice we offer a great benefits package including:
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible working including working from home
- Attractive pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket and travel card loans
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff development and training
- Discounts at local restaurants and bars
- A staff benefits portal with over 6000 deals on popular retailers and brands
How to Apply