Frontline Leadership Development Programme 2019
Frontline’s mission is to transform the lives of vulnerable children and families through recruiting and developing outstanding individuals to be leaders in social work and broader society.
This year we are looking to recruit over 450 outstanding graduates and career changers onto our 2-year leadership development programme. By 2020, there will 1000 social worker in the Frontline community helping to transform lives.
Job description of programme
Our two-year Leadership Development programme offers outstanding graduates and career changers an exciting new route into one of Britain’s toughest and most rewarding professions. We prioritise hands-on experience through practice-based learning, and you will benefit from intensive practical and academic training, tailored to your needs, as one of a new generation of children’s social workers.
Following a five-week residential training programme, you will spend two years working in a local authority children’s services department, where you will start your career in social work.
You’ll work directly with children, families, schools, courts and the police, to empower families to achieve positive change. You’ll see a real difference in yourself too, as you develop a whole range of invaluable and transferable skills including leadership, relationship-building and conflict resolution.
The first year qualifies you as a social worker through direct work with children and families. In the second year you will work as a newly qualified social worker responsible for your own caseload, and will complete a fully funded master’s qualification.
Social work is a leadership profession; you will inspire, persuade and bring out the best in diverse groups of people. To help you develop these skills, you will benefit from ongoing leadership development coaching; designed to support you to work with purpose to bring about change in a range of challenging settings.
There’s no career like social work, and no other programme like Frontline. If you join us, you’ll make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable children and their families.
Are you brave enough to do something different?
How to apply and person requirements:
Frontline is committed to selecting outstanding people who have the potential to complete our intensive two-year programme and be successful in social work and beyond. Our application process has six stages:
• Self-selection - You will begin with a self-selection activity that gives you further insight into social work and the opportunity to test your instincts for the profession.
• Registration & Application - We are looking for you to demonstrate your commitment to the Frontline mission and programme as well as your experience of working well with people in our competency based applications form.
• Online testing - Once you have submitted the application form, you will immediately be sent the details to complete a combined verbal reasoning and situational judgment test. We are looking for you to demonstrate your ability to use logic and understand information to solve complex problems, whilst assessing how you would handle situations you might encounter as a social worker.
• Video interview - This stage gives you a further opportunity to demonstrate your motivation, leadership and ability to work well with people. You will not speak with anyone directly; you will answer pre-recorded questions from the comfort of your own home at a time that suits you
• Assessment centre - If you pass our interview stage you will be invited to attend our assessment centre where we get to meet you face to face. These will run from September 2018 - January 2019.
Post- offer checks - Ensuring you meet suitability for working with vulnerable groups and confirm your suitability for Frontline social work training and professional registration. This includes a DBS check and a health declaration.
We are looking for your potential to become an outstanding children’s social worker and leader, who is able to empower families to achieve positive change. Throughout the application process we will assess your ability through our competencies.
Do you think you’ve got what it takes to take on one of Britain’s most challenging, and rewarding, professions?
In order to be eligible for our programme you will need to have all of the following:
• A 2:1 or higher in your first undergraduate honours degree (predicted or obtained)
• Grade C or above in Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent)
• Applicants must demonstrate competence in IT as well as spoken and written English
• Eligibility to work in the UK
All necessary documents will need to be seen at Assessment Centre stage. Please note we are unable to consider any requests for extenuating circumstances.
If English is not your first language you may be required to provide evidence of a relevant qualification or test.
Salary & benefits
If you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to make real change for children and families, as well as developing a range of invaluable skills.
- Bespoke Graduate Programme; we offer a high-quality leaderships development programme for graduates and career changers that will equip you with the skills and attributes requires to make real change in social work and beyond.
- Earn as you learn; We provide a competitive Year 1 bursary of between £16,000 - 19,000 (depending on location) and you will earn a salary of around £30,000 (depending on location and local authority) in Year 2.
- Benefit from world-class training from academics, and practical training to develop complex skills needed to work effectively with children and families.
- Qualify after 13 months
- Receive high levels of support from your consultant social worker, practice tutor and Frontline Programme team.
- Study towards a fully funded master’s degree in Social Work
- Develop your leadership skills; You will be working with different organisations across the breadth of a child’s life where you will demonstrate real leadership in bringing about change for the good of the family.
- Join the Frontline Fellowship; Once you have completed the full two years of the programme you will be part of a community of outstanding leaders who share your passion for transforming the lives of vulnerable children.
- Make a real difference as part of the next generation of Social workers helping to transform lives.
Apply now here: http://thefrontline.org.uk applications close on Sunday 16 December at 11pm.