St. Peter’s Catholic Primary School
Tel: 01708 745506
2 Full Time Teaching Assistants
To support two named SEN Children with complex needs
Hours: 32.5 hours per week/38 weeks per year
Grade: APTC Scale 3 (Pts 14-17). Actual Annual Salary of £14,929 - £15,276
Start Date: January 2019
The governors wish to appoint 2 experienced Teaching Assistants to support the educational and personal care needs of two children with an Education and Health Care Plan on a shared basis. The role may also include lunchtime supervision of the children in the playground.
The successful applicants will:
- Have a thorough understanding of Special Educational Needs
- Have experience of working with high needs SEND pupils
- Be able to engage and enthuse SEND pupils to access learning
- Be able to develop positive relationships with pupils and able to use a variety of strategies to meet individual needs
- Support the pupil in developing effective communication skills and may have experience of using PECS, Makaton and other communication support
- Use strategies to encourage the pupil’s independence.
- Help the pupil in developing social awareness and forming friendships.
- Be positive in outlook and flexible and adaptable to the needs of the child and in the classroom setting; be patient, calm and resilient
- Take directions from the class teacher but also be willing to use their own initiative.
- Undertake training as necessary.
- Work effectively as part of a team.
- Specific training in relation to supporting this pupil will be given
St. Peter’s is currently extending to 2FE and enjoying the benefits of a beautiful new build and extended facilities. We maintain a friendly community, well-behaved, responsive pupils and very supportive parents and governors. Our staff are hard working and committed to ensuring that our school aims are upheld and that every child’s well-being and safety is a priority.
Please apply online.
Closing Date: 18th January 2019 at 12:00pm.
Visits to the school are essential.
To arrange an appointment with the Headteacher or SENCO, please contact the school office. Only those applicants who visit the school will be considered for shortlisting.