AfC was recently named as Social Work Employer of the Year for 2016 at the prestigious Social Worker of the Year awards ceremony, beating off competition from local authorities and national agencies to win the award. We were recognised for our work to encourage innovation and empower staff, building a strong team spirit, and investing in staff development.
As a social enterprise owned by three local authorities, we offer the freedoms of a social enterprise with the employment benefits of local government. We offer a range of excellent staff benefits, including generous annual leave entitlements, cycle to work scheme, annual season ticket loan, childcare vouchers, and discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres and much more.
The successful candidate will have access to:
- Excellent learning and development opportunities and schemes of support.
- A competitive and desirable retention package (to include a generous local government pension scheme).
- Retention of continuous service benefits, for those moving from a local government post.
- A clear progression path when key qualification milestones are reached.
- Tools and models to support practice, including Signs of Safety.
- Reflective supervision from an experienced management team.
You will find out more about our organisation at www.achievingforchildren.org.uk/
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic people to join our team of casual/relief staff who are able support the delivery of youth work projects and programmes for ages 8-18yrs as and when required.
Applicants will need to be able to make positive relationships with diverse groups of young people and be able to engage them in fun, social, positive activities. You must be a good communicator who is enthusiastic, friendly and welcoming to all young people.
For an informal discussion, please contact Danny Gomm, Youth Service Manager on 01628 796744 or Helen Smith (Youth Service Manager) on 01628 796970.
Achieving for Children is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undertake a Criminal Record Check.