Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We will be moving to a new landmark building in 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
About the Team
A vacancy has arisen for a Leasehold Officer in our very busy London Borough of Hounslow, Housing Department - West London Authority.
1. General leasehold management, decants and new build handovers, enforcement of lease breaches, lease extensions, alteration requests and supporting housing teams.
2. Managing a varied caseload of projects including Section 20 consultation for leasehold major/programmed works across the borough. Including post inspecting works, producing final accounts, estimates, engagement meetings, responding to observations and associated challenges.
3. Assist teams with calculating final accounts, income collections, disputes and court work for service charges collections.
1. Possess excellent keyboard/ICT skills with knowledge of housing management systems, Microsoft including mail merge, Outlook and financial systems.
2. Have exceptional knowledge in project management, outstanding communication and advocacy skills, with the ability to problem solve and deal effectively with customers.
3. Being an enthusiastic well organised self-motivated team member who can prioritise/manage own workload within a pressurised environment in a calm manner to provide a quality service to colleagues and customers.
4. Be flexible with a pleasant positive attitude with excellent inter-personal skills, approachable and a supportive person of integrity when dealing successfully with both internal and external stakeholders.
Essential for the Role
- Experience in leasehold, consultation and service charge
- Use of a vehicle with a full UK driving licence
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact Hayley Cooper via email: email@example.com
Closing date: 11thJanuary 2018